~ Chapter 6 ~

Third Person POV

It's breakfast. Everyone was there and eating. All except one person, Percy Jackson. Thalia, Nico, Hazel, Jason, Frank, Will, Piper, and Leo were sitting at a table together and looking for Percy. After breakfast was over, they went to Percy's cabin and looked for him. They went inside to see Percy in bed, shaking like he was cold but also sweating.

"Percy. Are you okay?" Will asked, feeling his forehead.

"Yeah. Just cold. And hot. But still cold. I'll be okay. I'm just going to go back to sleep," he said.

Will nodded and ushered everyone out of the cabin.

"I have an idea," Will said.

"What is it?" Piper asked.

"Percy is sick. It looks like he has a cold or something. But anyway. What if we called my dad to take care of him," Will asked.

"And with Perce being sick, he might slip. So it can go one of two ways. Apollo will think it's cute and help him or Apollo will break his heart and we'll have to kill him. But I put all my drachmas on the former," Thalia said.

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Dad. Can you come to camp? There's something wrong with Percy," Will thought to his dad.

"He should be here soon," he informed the others.

In a flash of light, Apollo stood in front of the group of friends, slightly panicked.

"Where's Percy? Is he okay?" he asked quickly.

"Is there something you want us to know about why you're so panicky?" Leo asked smugly.

"N-No. I'm just worried that someone is sick. That's all," Apollo answered quickly.

"Apollo. I'm going to ask you a question and you're going to answer honestly," Nico said seriously.

Apollo nodded.

"Do you have a crush on Percy?"

A  golden blush spread across Apollo's face and he looked down nodding.

"Cool. Well, he's in his cabin. Will said it looks like he has a cold or something," Nico said slightly happy.

"That's it?" Apollo asked.

"Oh. Yeah, you hurt him, we hurt you, god, or not." Thalia added.

The friends walked away leaving a stunned Apollo in front of the Poseidon cabin. Apollo walked into the cabin to see Percy in the fetal position shivering.

"Percy. Are you okay?"

"A-A-Apollo?"

"Yes, it's me. How are you feeling?"

"I-I don't know," Percy said quietly.

Apollo sat on the edge of Percy's bed and put his hand on Percy's forehead. Percy sighed and relaxed into the bed at the feeling of Apollo's warmth healing him. Apollo was about to get up but Percy grabbed his hand.

"Can you stay for a while?" Percy whispered.

"Sure I can starfish," Apollo answered cheerfully.

Percy scooted over in the bed and made room for Apollo. Apollo pulled Percy closer to him after getting in a comfortable position. Percy put his head against Apollo's chest and relaxed.

"Percy. If I ask you a question will you answer it truthfully?" Apollo asked, looking down at Percy.

Percy hesitated before nodding against Apollo's chest.

"Do you like me? Is that why you called me papa?"

Percy's breath hitched and he pulled up from Apollo.

"W-what? Why would you ask that?"

"It's okay. If it helps for you to know, I like you too.  I always have and always will."

Percy looked at Apollo wide-eyed.

"There's no way you could ever like me. I'm me. Weird. Worthless. Trashy. A toy, I'm not made for love. It would be better and easier for you to just give it up and find someone worth your time," Percy said, moving to sit up.

At that moment, Apollo felt his heartbreak into pieces. Percy, the boy who's given up everything to save the people he loved. To save the people that weren't worthy of his help feels that he's worthless.

Apollo sat up and pulled Percy into his chest.

"Don't ever, EVER say something like that about yourself again. You're not worthless and you do deserve love. If anyone does, you do. Okay? And you're not weird. You're unique. Got it?"

Percy burst into tears and pulled himself closer to Apollo.

"I'm sorry papa."

"It's okay baby boy. It's okay. Let's take a nap, yes?"

Percy nodded into Apollo's chest. Apollo wrapped his arms around Percy tighter and after a while, Percy's breathing evened out and Apollo kissed his head.

"You're worth it. And I'll do whatever it takes to show you," Apollo whispered before going to sleep.

In the corner of the room, Poseidon watched everything with a smile on his face before leaving the room in a sea breeze.