glenn rhee

A/N: HI!!! I'm really sorry it's been such a long time since I updated. Since the last update, I've graduated and started college which has been amazing so far and has taken up all of my time, but I'm ready to get back into writing. Enjoy the new chapter!

You're jostled awake as you feel the covers of your bed being moved. Your son crawls into bed with you and cuddles into your side. 

"Bud, why are you awake?" You ask sleepily, running your hand through his hair. 

"I had a bad dream. The nasties got me. And you momma," He says quietly. 

Your heart aches at the fear in his voice and you wrap your arms around him. 

"Momma will never ever let the nasties get you or me. I'll always protect you, no matter what," You say, kissing the top of his head. 

He stays silent for a while as you stroke his hair, but then looks up at you. He is his fathers twin, making your eyes water with tears. His dark brown eyes so full of light and love, his perfect nose, his full pink lips, his thick black hair, and so much more. It makes you miss him more than anything.  

"Momma can you tell me about daddy again?" He asks sweetly. 

"Of course baby," You smile, tears still filling your eyes. 

He cuddles deeper into your side, looking at you expectantly. 

"Your daddy was the most amazing man I have ever known in my life. He was special, just like you," You say, touching his nose gently and making him giggle, "He would do anything for anyone. He cared so much for all of us. Uncle Rick, Aunt Michonne, Aunt Maggie, everyone. Your daddy also had the best smile ever. If I was having a bad day, your daddy could make it better by just smiling. He was really handsome, also just like you,"  

You pull the covers up over him, and stroke his cheek. 

"When me and your daddy met, I was really scared. There were a lot of nasties around me and he rescued me," You say. 

"Yay daddy," He smiles. 

"Yes, yay daddy. We were best friends since the beginning, we never left each other. Then one day, we realized how much we loved each other and that's how you got here," You smile. 

"But daddy never met me..." He says sadly. 

You swallow the lump in your throat as you flash back to that day, clutching your belly, screaming and wailing as Glenn's head was bashed in by Negan. You shake off the feeling and gather yourself. 

"That's right, but he loved you so so much. Your daddy cried when I told him you were in my belly. He talked to you every single day. He couldn't wait to meet you," You say, again running your fingers through his hair. 

"Why did daddy never meet me?" He asks. 

You're taken off guard. He's never asked a question like this before. 

"Well, a bad man took him away from us," You say, trying to keep it as simple as possible. 

"Why?" He asks. 

"Because he was really really mean, and just wanted to hurt people, so he did. But Uncle Rick made it okay. He can't hurt us," You say. 

He nods, still listening. 

"You were born only a couple days after your daddy died. It was the happiest but saddest day of momma's life. I was so happy to finally have you, but so sad that your daddy couldn't be there with me. Little did I know, your daddy was there. He was there in you," You say. 

"Really?" He asks.

"Really. You are your daddy's twin," You say. 

"Momma, I miss daddy," He says, yawning.

"I know baby, I do too. He's always here with us, I promise," You say, wrapping your arms around him and hugging him tightly. 

You watch as he struggles to keep his eyes open. 

"Alright baby, go to sleep okay?" You say. 

"Okay. Goodnight momma, goodnight daddy," He says, looking at the picture of Glenn on your nightstand. 

"Goodnight bud," You say, kissing the top of his head.

After he closes his eyes, hot tears stream down your face and your lip quivers. You miss Glenn so much and not a day goes by that you don't think about him but you believe it when you say that Glenn lives within your son. He's always here with you, the both of you, forever.