Chapter 11 Kill or be Killed

Começar do início

"We should stop now." He called out to her. 

She stopped, putting her hands on her knees and taking a few deep breaths. She was panting. Looking at Koi she said, "Can't we go on for a little more time?"

Koi raised his brows, knowing exactly where she was coming from. He pointed towards the sky and said, "The sun is going to set soon. It'd be useless to train in the darkness. Why don't you take a break?"

Eloise nodded mutely. Koi came and sat on the ground, patting the space next to him. She took the hint and sat beside him. None of them said anything for a few moments. The silence was sweet. Both of them watched the sunset. Eloise felt a strange stillness inside her.

"Are you okay?" Koi asked her, his voice held a soothing tone to it

"I don't know." She answered honestly. She could feel his eyes on her but she didn't bother to look. She was captivated by the bright colors of the sunset. 

"You have a light inside you." Koi said suddenly. Eloise was startled and she turned to look at him. "Don't let it burn out." He finished.

Eloise gazed at him perplexed. She didn't knew what he meant. She turned to look at the sun again, his words echoing in her head. 

Koi stood up to leave but Eloise stopped him. He turned to look at her and then, in that moment, she knew that he knows everything. About what happened. Koi turned around after a moment and left. He didn't bother explaining anything else to her. His eyes had said enough. 

Eloise sat there, stunned. Seconds turned into minutes and soon, minutes turned into an hour. She didn't move. She was frozen. She could feel the warmth of Koi's presence beside her. But he was gone. 

'You have a light inside you, don't let it burn out.'

There wasn't a judgmental look in his eyes, as she had expected. But she couldn't decipher his look. It was...bothering her. She felt as if he was trying to say a hundred things to her in one single look. 

Was she really losing her light? It wasn't impossible. Ever since she came to X-city she had been suffering mentally. Everything pulled her away from the person she truly was and pushed her to become someone she was not. It was as if...she was changing. And not for the better. She could feel a sense of darkness enveloping her mind and heart and she had no idea how to get out of that darkness. It was suffocating her slowly. 

She had no one to ask for help and she had no one whom she could trust. Koi was the closest thing she had to a friend. Taiga had been acting weird since the day she came. He rarely met her and whenever they were together, she could feel his discomfort. And well...Gabu had no time for her. He was always busy. She used to be close to her brothers in her world. But now, something had changed. 

She shook her head, trying to get rid of her thoughts. Getting up, she dusted herself and went inside.

Just as she was making her way towards her room, she saw someone coming at her. A man dressed in armor was charging at her. A scream made its way out of her mouth as she jumped aside, the man riding past her.