Chapter 4 Idaten...GO!

Author's Note

Hello! My dear readers, here is the update that all of you had been waiting for. I know I am several weeks late, but I have compensated it well with the length of the chapter: 4200 words. Also, I have a small announcement to make: I will be uploading one chapter per week and the uploads will be done on Monday now, rather than Sunday. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

With love,

-Val

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eloise had been riding through the woods for hours now. Her clothes were muddy and her body ached from the intensive exercise. She should have reached the town by now...unless she got lost. Which wasn't possible as she had been following the direction from the compass for as long as she could remember. 

She stopped to catch her breath, hoping she would reach that town soon. The Sun was about to go down in a few hours and if by then she didn't manage to get out of the forests, she would have to spend the night there. Her eyes were burning and there was a dull ache at the back of her head from when she fell headfirst in the cave. She was weak with hunger and didn't knew how long she could stay upright.

'I feel so tired now. I want to rest.' She thought, being fully tired. 

However, as soon as that thought came to her mind, her eyes came across a wooden sign. Wide awake now, she scurried over to the sign and wiped the dust and dirt off it. 

'Mediso Town 15 km'

The sign pointed towards the north direction. Overcome by adrenaline, Eloise jumped on her bike and dashed towards the north, a new fire of hope burning inside her. She couldn't rest now, she had to find that town before nightfall. Or else she would be stuck in the forest for the whole night. 

After almost an hour of riding, she reached a deserted building. Its windows were shattered with a few pieces of glasses sticking out while the doors were unhinged. The place screamed 'DANGER' from far away itself. However, being utterly tired already, Eloise decided to check that place out. She got of her bike and slowly started walking along the trail that led to the house, rolling her bike beside her. There was no way that she would leave her bike behind. 

Without making any sound, she entered the house. The insides were just as same as the outsides. Bare grey walls greeted her as she stood in the middle of the room. It was eerily quite, and she could hear the sound of her breath too. After inspecting every inch of the room, she made her way out, uneasy that there was no one inside who could have helped her. However, as soon as she stepped out she met with three MTB riders, all of whom stared at her with animosity. 

Shocked, she took a step back, staggering to gain back her footing. She observed those men. They seemed to be wearing some kind of similar uniform with with two bones forming a cross behind a shark. All of them were dressed in rider's costumes and had strange, creepy smiles on their faces. 

Before she could say anything, one of them rolled his bike a bit closer, startling her. Somehow, she had a feeling that these men meant her no good. But nonetheless, she had to try to talk to them.

"Hey! I am lost and..." 

Before she could finish her sentence, one of the riders took off his helmet, revealing his youthful face and raven black hair. 

"You seem new here. Let's have an Idaten battle." He spoke, his eyes devilish. 

"A what?" Eloise asked, confusion clearly evident on her face.