Chapter 11 Kill or be Killed

"What do you mean by why? I saved him because I had to." Eloise replied calmly, staring at Gabu's angry form.

He rubbed the bridge of his nose, sighing to himself.

"Eloise...you don't get it, do you?" He asked, looking at her straight in the eye.

She raised her eyebrows before turning around, not wanting to lock eyes with him anymore. He was intimidating when he got angry. And right now, she could not afford to show him any signs of weakness.

"These people...they prey on the weak." He started speaking, walking around. "Everyone wants to be in power, even if they don't deserve it."

Eloise jumped somewhat when she felt his hand on her shoulder as he came to stand in front of her.

"I can't even explain the condition of this city before I stepped up."

Shaking his head lightly, he grabbed her shoulders lightly. Forcing her to look into his eyes, he said "Eloise...don't you trust me?"

Eloise stared at him, not really knowing what to say. Her words were stuck in her throat as she tried to think of what to say. 

"I...I do. But-" Gabu interrupted her in between, "I knew you would understand."

Turning around, he left her room quickly before she could say anything else to him. Sighing to herself, she closed the door and laid down on her soft bed, finally giving into the darkness. 

                                                                                  ------------------------------------------

The next morning, everything seemed calm. Everybody was acting as if nothing had happened yesterday. The four sea Gods were nowhere to be seen and Gabu refused to see her, claiming that he was busy. Eloise scoffed at that thought, knowing how he was avoiding her on purpose. 

She went to train with Koi as per her routine. Surprisingly, the ground was the only place where she felt the safest. She wasn't constantly in the eyes of Team S.T. and could enjoy a little bit of her freedom. After yesterday's incident, she no more wanted to go out of the tower to see the city. It was ruined for her. 

She didn't want to think of the looks she got from all the people yesterday. They all looked at her with such hatred and fear, it made her weak. But she couldn't show any signs of weakness to anybody. For some unknown reason, this place made her feel tense all the time. As if nothing was how it looked. Everybody was...fake. Everyone except Koi. Eloise could feel it in her heart. 

Koi was a good man. He was silent but an amazing rider. He chose his words carefully and Eloise had hardly seen him smile ever. But he seemed to care about her. He once told her that she reminded him of his younger sister. Maybe that's why Eloise liked spending time with him. Because he was the only genuine person around who wasn't playing games with her.

The whole day passed by but Eloise didn't leave the ground. She kept on training and training. Her muscles ached from the amount of work she had done but she wasn't satisfied. She knew that if she stopped training, her mind would take her back to yesterday's events. She didn't want to think of that. 

She recalled Gabu's words. He sounded sincere but...she couldn't believe him. There was a part of her that trusted Gabu a lot and a part that told her to be prepared. Nothing made sense. Even if Gabu's story was true it didn't...add up. Something was fishy. And she needed more time to figure it out.

Koi watched her train carefully. She was improving very quickly. She never made the same mistake twice. She truly was Gabu's sister. But as he looked at her, he could feel her mind was not clear. She was working way too hard. She was trying to distract herself from something.