"Tommy is a little, he's age regressed right now. When he gets overwhelmed or stressed then he slips into a younger mindset. He's not the 17 year old Tommy you know. He's in the mindset of a one year old, probably not very vocal either." Tubbo explained. He hummed happily when he found some milk and poured it into the sippy cup. It spilled as he poured slightly, but not enough for Tubbo to care.

Dream watched Tubbo mix in vanilla and powdered sugar, and hand it to a Tommy with a quiet apology that it was cold and not in a bottle. Tommy sucked at it joyfully anyway. Dream was still processing what he had just heard.

~+4 months later+~

"Hey Toms! I brought you a new stuffie!" Dream walked into the camp, intent clear. Tommy groaned and slammed the chest he was rummaging in.

"Dream don't call me that. And I'm not fucking little right now and I down need or want to be." Tommy spat. This was becoming a constant and he was sick of it, Dream coming to him to force him to regress and then making him tell Dream all his secrets. It was the worst.

"I'm not slipping this time, you can't keep doing this. This is supposed to be a coping mechanism but you've made it painful, and if I could stop regressing all together I would." Tommy lectured. Dream barely hesitated in his steps and continued the normal routine. He wrapped blankets around Tommy, and sat down next to him.

Tommy didn't budge. Dream had trained his mind well, and it was taking all of Tommy's mental energy to hold off from slipping.

Dream clenched his jaw angrily and shuffled over to the chest of Tommy's stuff. What used to lay in Tommy's enderchest now lay in a chest where Dream could take it as well.

Dream pulled out Henry with one hand and nightmare with another. He sat back down infrount of Tommy and smiled.

Tommy's heart was beating out his chest. He watched as Dream began to slide his sword slowly and threateningly into the delicate seams of the plushies neck.

Seeing his beloved stuffed cow's head fall to the floor, sheep wool falling out like thick blood. Tommy had never slipped faster in his life.

He choked on instant sobs, collecting Henry's remains in his arms and cradling them like a stillborn. He didn't realize what he was doing, it was more instinct then thought.

He opened his enderchest and shoved Henry's remains inside. Without a second glance he dashed.

This wasn't new to him. He had run away plenty of times. Run away from Phil when he was 6, then again the day after he had finally been found when he was 12. Then when he was 16 and exiled from his own country.

And now, 20 years of age, he was running again. Running to ignore the sound of tnt being placed behind him.

Running to ignore the burns on his back as his body was flung forward and away from a place that had never really been home, his hair tinged with soot and smelling of burnt oak.

Running to ignore that even in the body of a 20 year old, a 2 year old couldn't get far.

Running and running with the muscle memory of getting away. Running as tears watered each flower he passed and his hands where pulling to his shaking chest.

Running even as he knew how much he had lost. Running with the motivation of his favorite paci still in his enderchest next to the remains of Henry.

Running through the snow as his sneakers where soaked and slipped deeper into the frozen quicksand.

Running with choked and burning breath.

Running until his legs felt like they would give up and he could collapse onto unfamiliar stairs.

~+=+~

Tommy opened his eyes to a burning fire infrount of him, a red cape wrapped around his shoulders. A piglin adorned in golden jewels slept in a comfortable chair above him.

Tommy knew this piglin. This piglin was safety and familiarity. This pigling was his brother.

Tommy clambered into Techno's lap and curled on his chest. He fell asleep again almost instantly, not noticing how he awoke the piglin.

"Hey Toms," Techno mumbled sleepily. He had known Tommy was little when he first saw the flushed tear stained cheeks and shaking hands clutched to his chest, so he barely batted an eye.

Tommy flinched at the nickname and snuggled in closer. This was what made Techno's eyes widen in fear.

Techno wrapped his arms around Tommy and began to whisper comforting nothings. And well neither would admit that the big man Tommyinnit had to be comforted in the lap of The Blade, they wouldn't change it for the world.