6 New yet Old Khushi

Magsimula sa umpisa

Khushi looked at him gulping.

*Because your mother needs a helping hand now... be one*

The nurse came and removed the injection from her knuckle. Khushi was looking at somewhere blankly. She was in deep thought. It was clear that something was running in her mind.

*You can go, follow the medicine correctly* the nurse instructed.

Arnav nodded yes. Khushi got off the bed. She walked with Arnav silently. Arnav opened the car door for her. She saw a water bottle on the car door. Taking it, she washed her face making Arnav smile.

Taking the tissue paper box from the car, Arnav extended it to Khushi. She didn't deny it. She wiped her wet face with tissue papers and sat in the car. Arnav started the car towards GH. The journey was silent at first.

*When did you come? * she asked.

Arnav looked at her and smiled.

*In the evening...*

*How did you get the tickets immediately? *

*My manager arranged for it...*

*Oh...*

*Are you alright? *

*Not exactly...*

*You have to...*

*Why are you telling that? * she intentionally asked that.

*Just like that... as a friend...*

Khushi chuckled sarcastically.

Arnav looked at her frowning.

*Why did you chuckle? *

*Nothing* she looked outside.

*You are lying*

*Yes...*

*What's the matter? *

*You are my friend... that's why you have forgotten to wish on my birthday? *

Arnav was stuck. He didn't expect her to ask him this question... at least, not at this time.

*I haven't forgotten... it's on Sep 17th...right? *

*Were you busy that day? *

*Mmmm...* he again concentrated on the road.

*I was expecting your call... I told Babuji and Amma too...*

*I'm sorry... I was busy...*

*This is why we should not befriend with a busy man who doesn't even have just ONE MINUTE to wish us*

Arnav felt suffocating. What can he say?

They were nearing GH.

*By the way, thanks*

*For? *

*For the timing advice* she said with a painful smile.

*We have no choice...*

*Mmm... Amma warned Babuji many times before he signed the surety... he didn't listen to her*

*Don't worry, we are here. Dad will arrange a house for you*

Cutting him,

*There is a small house in Laxmi Nagar... we will shift to that house after Babuji's rituals get over*

*Whose house is that? *

*My Amma's Amma's...*

*Oh...*

*Babuji fought with Amma for accepting it from my grandma... now, that house is going to be our shelter* she said painfully.

Arnav gulped down.

*You can ask me anything if you want...*

*I will manage*

Arnav looked at her surprisingly who looked confident.

They reached GH and Khushi got down with Arnav. Buaji saw them coming.

*Are you alright, Khushi? *

She nodded yes.

*Arvind told me the saline was given*

*Yeah...* she showed her knuckle to Buaji.

*Thank God, you are going to marry a good man who is concern about you* she said smiling at Arnav.

Khushi looked in the direction and raised her brows.

*He is not who I'm going to marry...*

Buaji's facial expression changed.

*Shashi said he is Arvind's son...*

*He is his elder brother*

*Oh... then where is he? *

Khushi shrugged her shoulders and went in. Garima started crying, seeing Khushi. Ratna was beside her. Khushi came and sat with Garima.

*Khushi...*

*Amma, don't cry. We can do nothing crying but will surely get weaker* she said.

Ratna as well as Garima were dumbfounded. What happened to her all of sudden? Was not she fainting again and again crying?

*We have to accept the reality... we have lost Babuji... he won't come again... I'm here for you... don't forget that* she said.

Garima hugged her and cried again but this time it was not in sadness. Ratna caressed her back lovingly. Arnav smiled, hearing that who was leaning on the wall near a window.

*Khushi beta... go and eat something...* Garima said.

*Wait, I will bring you* Ratna said.

*No aunty... I will go...* she went to the kitchen and made a plate.

She kept the plate on the kitchen slab and cried closing her face with her palms, without making noise. Of course, she understood the reality. But what could she do with her poor heart? How could she manage to solve their problems which she never did before? What would she do for their expenses? How many problems were there in front of her...! what was she going to do? she was blank...!

To be continued...

The next part is available on INKITT

Arnav's lead...

Arnav slept in thecar whereas Ratna slept with Garima and Khushi. Arvind was sleeping on thecouch of the living room. Ratna slept quickly as she was tired. Garima was uptill midnight. After that, she drifted into sleep. But Khushi didn't sleep asshe already slept in the hospital. She came to the window and stood lookingout. She saw Arnav getting down from the back seat of the car. Opening thefront door, he checked the water bottle. It was empty.