Chapter 1

Authors Note 8 years later:
I wrote this when I was 12 so it's not very good but with the news of the Disney+ pjo series coming out I was reminded of this fan fic I wrote 8 years ago when I was 12 and how fun it was to do back then. It seems to have gotten a bit popular over the years so I thought it would be fun to write a cheesy little rushed ending to give at least some closure to the story. It won't be great but I'm gonna do it anyway for all the people who were mad that I never finished it because this series used to mean a lot to me even if I'm an adult now. I could probably make this story a lot better but I'm just going to make a few things a little more understandable while keeping the same cheesy 12 year old writing style because it's kind of cute to look back on how bad I was at writing. I actually used to think I wanted to be a writer and writing fan fiction made me realize I kind of hate it lol. Anyway, enjoy!

Flash Back

They were finally there. They were finally at the doors. They were going to see their friends again, even if it meant they had to pry those doors open with their calloused battle torn hands.

Percy could imagine the reunion now. He would walk out exhausted and broken, but his friends would wrap their arms around him and make everything he had been through manageable. Him and Annabeth would be free, not having to look over their shoulder every few seconds for danger.

Well, he hoped that's how it would happen. His optimistic mood went away as fast as it had come, replaced by a sullen mood that was accompanied with every negative thought his brain could possibly force him to think about.

"What if they've forgotten about us? What if they're tired of trying to save us. What if they couldn't find us? What if.... what if they're dead?" He didn't want to think these thoughts, but he had trouble quieting the thoughts in his brain sometimes.

"No Percy, you can't think like that, you'll destroy yourself." A quiet voice mentioned in the back of his mind. He almost didn't hear it over the roaring of bad thoughts that were eating him alive from inside out.

He finally looked up to see Annabeth pacing back and forth with a limp, most likely thinking of ways they could get the giant doors open.

He felt guilty that he wasn't helping her brainstorm, but when he tried to focus in he found himself wondering to a completely different place over and over again.

Normally he would be overjoyed to get any thought that brought him to a place that wasn't Tartarus, but these thoughts just seemed to drag him deeper and deeper into the pit full of evil.

They were never going to get out of Tartarus. Did they really think they could just walk up to the doors without a problem and expect to be let out?

He could hear the monsters screeches gettting closer and closer as he stood immobile trying to find the motivation to move.

It certainly wasn't helping that there was an extremely bright  light blinding his eyes, and Annabeth was yelling something incoherent at him.

"Oh wow maybe we really didn't have to do anything to open the doors what a nice surprise." He thought to himself, as he stood very in shock of the first sunlight he'd seen in for what felt like years.

Fortunately Annabeth noticed his lack of movement, which resulted in her grabbing his arm and slapping him across the face, pulling him out of his thought.