Chapter 8

Leo's POV

Capture the flag tonight.

Tonight I WILL, beat Percy's team.

A while ago me an him made a bet that if I beat him, he has to run around the camp in his underwear.

This is going to be fun.

I was snapped out of my thinking when I heard Chiron tell everybody to get their armor on.

I did as told and met my team at the starting line.

"I'm gonna win tonight Jackson." I said over to Percy who had one foot forward, ready to run into the woods.

"In your dreams Valdez."

And with that the horn sounded to start the game.

So far I'd say I've done pretty good, you know I knocked out a few of the blue team guys, trapped a few of the other ones in a big ring of fire.

But my main goal was to get to Percy.

As I was running further, and further into the woods, I heard someone say "Looks like you found me, but can you beat me?"

I was about to let all loose on his little watery butt, when I heard a clanking noise.

Percy dropped to the ground unconscious.

Wow somebody from my team already got out here?

"I'm not someone from your "team" stupid child."

Oh no I knew that voice.

Khione.

She walked out of the shadows behind Percy, spinning a big heavy shield on her hand.

She kept walking forward until she stepped right on Percy's stomach.

"Watch it, there's no telling how much you goddesses weigh, you could crush him." I said annoyed that she stepped on my friend.

As she got off of Percy, she made sure to grind he foot into his stomach before taking the next step.

"If you're here to kill me, fine I don't have anybody who loves me, but Percy has Annabeth, and trust me, you don't want Annabeth as an enemy." I warned her.

All of a sudden the ground underneath the three of us dropped, and we were in a wooden room.

"See the thing is, I don't like you, but you're not who I'm aiming to kill tonight."

With that he made a move like she was going to fire ice at me, so on instinct, I shot back fire.

She materialized out of the way an it went straight for the back wall of the room illuminating it in flames.

"You're a foolish demigod, you can't have fire in a wooden room, you know that right?"

She tricked me.

"You can survive fire, but without his water to extinguish the fire, will he survive?"

"You're a spoiled little brat, even if you are a goddesses!" I yelled.

"Good luck trying to save him." she said materializing out of the room.

The fire was getting closer to Percy, who was still unconscious, so I dragged him out of the way for now, but eventually it will spread throughout the tiny room, and the smoke could defiantly not be good for his lungs.

"Someone help!" I yelled as loud as I could.

I would try to lift him out, but he at least weighs a lot more than I can lift, so that's not an option.

"Someone help!" I yelled over and over again.

Percy started waking up but now the room was filled with smoke.

He took a breathe of air in but instead started choking on the black dust.

Nobody was coming and this was not going to well.

"Percy can you try to put it out with water?" I asked.

He nodded yes, and I could see him concentrating, but he was weak from the blow to the head and the smoke.

He collapsed over in a big coughing fit.

"Somebody, we need help!" I yelled.

If somebody doesn't come soon, Percy might die... and it would be all my fault.

Jason's POV

I was supposed to be playing capture the flag, but I was tired and on Percy's team so I figured that he would do fine.

I just walked far into the forest and say down, leaning against a tree.

I was thinking about everything that had happened, when my thought were interrupted by someone saying, "Someone please help us!"

That sounded a little like Leo, but I figured whoever it was, was just trying to play a prank on me so the could capture me.

"Someone help! Percy's going to die!"

Yep that was Leo.

I looked up and saw smoke coming from a little further into the forest.

I ran up to the smoke and looked inside to see Leo pacing back and forth, and Percy having a coughing fit.

"Leo, what happened!"

"I'll explain later, just get Percy out!"

The room they were in wasn't too deep, but probably enough that Leo wouldn't have been able to lift Percy out on his own.

I reached down and grabbed under Percy's shoulders and pulled him up, taking a little but of his weight off with air.

He was covered in ash and soot and he had blood dripping down the side of his head.

In other words he didn't looked to good, and he was struggling to breathe.

I didn't exactly know how this worked but I whistled, hoping blackjack would hear me.

I heard a worried neigh, and I helped Percy into Blackjacks back.

"Take him to the big house." I said knowing that he would probably need medical attention.

I lifted Leo out with air, and then we both ran out if the woods towards the big house.

On the way there we saw Annabeth hiding, about to attack Leo, but then I yelled "Annabeth wait."

"What."

"Come with us, it's Percy."

And with that we all ran to the big house.