Oh hell no

It feels like a fucking Monday.

I was chillin in my room, both my parents were outside doing yard work for the winter.

So, from the main living space, there's a small (7 feet long) hallway that has my room on the left, an office on the right, and my bathroom at the end.

Anyway, I was watching the 1st Predator (Arnold Schwarzeneggerrrrrrr), when the light in my room and the hallway light started flickering for a good 10 seconds (they were the only lights on).

Then, after 10 seconds, came this awful staticky humming sound that gradually got louder and louder.

After 20 seconds or so since the whole thing started, the lights just died. Turned off. The sound also stopped.

Now, I wasn't taking any chances, no, no, no. I got up, and as I walked to the hall, the light that was in there had this black stuff around it.

(Real photo, people {this was after the light was removed}. That's the fucking ceiling around where the light was)

 That's the fucking ceiling around where the light was)

Yeah, I walked out of the house REAL fast. I went outside, and literally went,

"Daaaaad. The lights flickering." 

Both my parents either thought it was a fucking moth or spider.

Eventually, my fath3r came in, and he came over to the hall and was real shocked.

By this point, the light also started to smell of burnt gasoline.

So, we called the fire department.

They came out, and checked it, and it was fine. I think it was just a short or something in these older wires connecting to the light.

It still smells a bit, and it's been 30 minutes. At least there wasn't any fire in the attic.