Naruto

     I watched Shikamaru and Sasuke walk in together, huffing out cold breaths as they removed their puffy coats. They've been hanging out much more recently, ever since I told Sasuke we shouldn't talk for now. Was that his motive? To make me jealous?
     Damn, was it working.
     Shikamaru texted me every once in a while, trying to convince me to talk to Sasuke again. It's been a few weeks, I assume he gave up and took Sasuke all for himself. Were they dating? How could Sasuke move on so fast? Wait, no. Temari and Shikamaru are together. What am I thinking?
     "Hey, nerd, wanna hang today?" Shikamaru punched me on the shoulder as he passed by my desk, not stopping to hear me decline his offer.
     "Sure." He spun around, eyebrows raised as he stared at me with his mouth wide open.
     "Seriously?"
     "Yes. My house. You'll walk home with me?"
     "Uh," He glanced behind us at Sasuke for a millisecond before looking back to me, "why don't we take Sasuke's car?"
     "...Not today." I turned my back, the burning on my head so very tempting.
     "Hm, we'll hang out sometime later, then."
     "Uh-huh." I felt my relationship with Shikamaru crumbling. Our friendship was getting uneasy and hateful. I love Shikamaru like a brother, it pains me to think of him as anything else.
     "Morning, everyone." Kakashi Sensei walked in. He was getting later and later every day, "Everyone take out your textbooks and go to page 74, please."

     Sensei droned on and on about the properties of English (a language much too hard for me to really comprehend) while the burning on the back of my head interrupted my every thought.

     "Alright. Class dismissed." Sensei glanced down at me once before shooting me a smile and a thumbs up. I've been much more focused (so it seems) in his classes. It makes him feel better, I wouldn't tell him anytime soon that I'm trying my hardest not to talk to Sasuke.
     Why the fuck am I ignoring him? Why the fuck am I not talking to him? I want him. I need him. I need him more than he needs me. So what the hell am I doing holding a grudge against him, wasting my time?
     Sakura-San left. Ino-San left. The girls left. Kiba left. Gaara left. Lee left. The rest of the boys left. Shikamaru stood, glanced over at Sasuke and I once, and was out the door as well.
     We were alone. Just the two of us.
     "Are you coming with us today, Naruto?" Sasuke broke the silence first.
     I stared him up and down, watching his eyes watch mine. My heart was beating faster than I ever thought it could. Slowly but surely, we both stood up and started walking towards each other. My ears were ringing and I doubt I could've heard anyone even if I cared enough to try. All I could focus on was him. His face, his anxious eyes, his dark hair framing his face, his lips.
     "Naruto..?"
     "Why am I still trying."
     "..What..? Trying what?"
     "Trying to," I gripped his hands, interlocking our fingers like he did those months ago. "trying to stay away from you."
     "Is this game finally over?" His voice turned shaky and he smiled, I felt his hands tighten around mine.
     "If you took this as a waiting game, then yes." I tore my hands away from his and pulled him in by the neck, pressing our lips together in the most violent and desperate way possible.

     Last year, if someone had told me I'd end up falling in love with Sasuke Uchiha, I never would have believed them. I would have laughed in their face and scoffed at their words. I would have cringed away in disgust. Never, did I ever believe I would fall in love with someone like Sasuke. He used to irk me, his staring, his face, his coal black eyes. But now I find beauty in them. He's gorgeous, underneath his stupid, anti-social persona is someone who makes me feel safe. His warm hands stroking my shoulders makes me feel loved. His heavy breathing through his nose while we kiss makes my heart race. Sasuke is my other half. He makes me feel complete.

•—•—•

     It's been about a month since my sudden first kiss. Our sudden first kiss. That afternoon he had driven us to my house as fast as he could. My mother was confused of course, we'd told her we'd become friends again, although we knew that after that, we would definitely be more than just friends. Shikamaru had gone home after waiting for us outside the door, I apologized afterwards, but it was perfect for the two of us. Who would've thought, after these past few months, I'd find myself absolutely entranced with this boy.
     Now here he were, my head resting on his lap while he played with my hair. His warm hands made me shiver, though my body was far from cold what with his touch. After all this time (a year and two months) he still made me feel alive with excitement.
     "Sasuke."
     "Hm?" He couldn't hide the excitement in his voice. After a year, he still felt the new thrill of being in love as well.
     "I think.."
     "You think?"
     "I think.. I think I'm in love with you." He just chuckled silently before reaching down and kissing me on the lips.
     "Well, I think I'm in love with you too, Naruto Uzumaki."
     I'm happy. I'm happy out of everyone on this planet, my first kiss had been with Sasuke Uchiha. The first kiss I never dreamed of having with someone like him.
     My sudden first kiss.

fin