Chapter X: Sweet Revenge

Start from the beginning

"I just couldn't help myself Eri-chan-- I at least needed to say a proper goodbye."

"You still have to go? Why don't you stay with me instead? We could be a family!"

Shaking my head, I slowly separated from Eri, standing up to direct my gaze on the group of heros who were staring in my direction, confused at what they should do. I zeroed in my gaze on the green-haired boy known as Izuku, smirking in amusement when he stepped forward, meeting my gaze head on. 

"Midoriya, that's the girl who helped me save Eri, the one I told you about earlier."

The hero from earlier known as Lemillion also had his gaze fixed on me despite his injured state. At his words I noticed Izuku's shoulders relax slightly, seeming to trust me from his friend's words.

I guess my next words will be quite a bombshell then huh?

"Sorry Eri-chan, I won't be able to stay with you. Even though I saved you I'm sure these heros will try to detain me as soon as they know who I am. I mean, they should be grateful that a member of The League of Villains saved a life for them, but I think they'll have the opposite reaction now that my identity is known-- isn't that right heros?"

As soon as the mention of The League left my mouth, the air in the area quickly became tense, the heros' gazes now focused on my right hand that laid gently atop of Eri's head. 

"The League of Villains? I haven't seen you before-- who are you?"

Eraserhead's gruff voice called out to me, his scarf floating in the air around him ready to attack at any moment despite his gaze still being fixated onto Eri to suppress her quirk. 

Eraserhead is preoccupied, the young heros around him are injured and exhausted, and the few other proheros in the area are injured as well, occupied with detaining an unconscious Chisaki.

I could totally take advantage of the situation... good thing I'm feeling generous today. Besides-- I have someone else I would rather save my strength for attacking. 

"Fucking Yui Homura..."

I laughed as Overhaul's voice rang out, answering the question for me. He seemed to be just waking up from his unconscious state, his golden eyes cast on me with hatred. 

"You heard the man-- my name's Yui Homura. The villain who you should all be eternally grateful to for saving Eri-chan here. Though I doubt that will be the case right?"

"Eri-chan get away from her!"

Expecting his attack, I dodged Izuku, feeling the wind rush by my head from his powerful punch.

I guess I overstayed my welcome huh?

"It's time to go Yui-chan! We can't be late or Tomura will get mad!"

"Yeah hurry up Yui! No, take your time!"

The sound of my comrades' voices caused the heros to once again draw their weapons, Izuku taking Eri into the safety of his arms and running back to where he once was only a few feet away. 

"Sorry Eri-chan. I wish we could have a longer goodbye, but I don't think I'm very welcome here. Grow up and follow your dreams alright? I'll always be supporting you even if you can't see me. And don't worry-- I'm still gonna keep my pinky promise."

Before the heros could attempt to attack or question me further, I stepped backwards into Kurogiri's portal that had appeared, a small smile on my face as I waved goodbye to Eri, wishing things were different so I could have stayed. 

But she'll be better off without me-- happier and safer. 

Because the road I'm traveling-- is one fit for a villain, not a hero like her.