Chapter IV: Debut

"I let the darkness consume me-- darkness that had been in my heart all along."

(Yui Homura) 

Stepping through Kurogiri's portal, I found myself in a dark alleyway along with Dabi, Twice, and Toga. 

"Yui, I want you to go with Dabi, Twice, and Toga. If fighting breaks out, catch those bastards off guard and flank their asses. Use your quirk as you see fit."

Use your quirk as you see fit...

In all my life, I have never been trusted to use my quirk while following my own judgment. It's always been Yui heal this, heal that, try harder, do better. For the first time in fifteen years, I'm finally able to act on my own accord-- thanks to a group of murderous villains.

"Hey moron, get your head out of your ass and stick close. It'd be pretty pitiful if you die on your first fucking mission."

Dabi's raspy voice brought me out of my thoughts as I pushed myself closer to the alleyway wall to stay hidden in the shadows. 

"Dabi, it's her first mission! Give her a break, she'll do fine. No, she's gonna get us killed!"

"It's alright Yui-chan, you're doing great! Besides, if anything happens don't worry, I won't let your blood go to waste!"

Feeling nerves starting to get to me at their words, I tightened my grip on the two daggers I was holding that Toga had lent me.

"Wow, what great motivational speakers you'd all make. Thanks for the encouragement."

"Oh you really think so Yui? I'll keep that in mind! Thanks, screw you!"

"Of course Yui-chan, anytime!"

Hearing Dabi chuckle next to me at my insult being totally ignored, I moved closer to him in the dark alleyway, putting some space between us and Toga and Twice who were taking their time, strolling casually behind us. 

"Are they always like this?"

Cerulean eyes looked towards mine, a smirk on Dabi's face as he continued to lead us to what I assume is the back entrance to whatever villain hideout we'd be attacking. 

"Unfortunately. Welcome to my life doll."

Before I could respond to Dabi's statement I was met with warm bodies pressed against mine-- Dabi's back to my front and Twice pressed against my back, Toga following close behind. Dabi was holding up his hand as a signal for us all to shut up, my gaze following his in question wondering why he had stopped so suddenly. 

We were finally nearing the end of what seemed like an endless alleyway, a few men smoking cigarettes and leaning against the entrance of what seemed like a run down bar coming into view. 

Do all villains use abandoned bars as their hideouts? 

"We wait here until the signal. Twice, Toga-- you two know what to do. Yui-- try not to get yourself killed."

Scoffing in annoyance, I nudged Dabi in the side not caring about his reaction since we were officially teammates. He can't just burn me to a crisp without good reasoning now, right?

"You know if you hadn't caught me so off guard that night I would've beat your--"

"It's The League of Villains!" 

An array of yells cut me off as the men who were outside immediately threw their cigarettes to the ground, running inside in an attempt to no doubt kill my new comrades. As the men ran inside Dabi emerged from the shadows, making his way confidently to the back entrance, his right arm already lit up in blue flames.