Bad Timing (Alpha Levi x Omega Reader)

Start from the beginning

Only alpha-omega pairs could reproduce, so nature hadn't given betas an attraction to omega pheromones. Thus, it was safe for you to be around members of that mild-mannered, supportive class. However, alphas – the more dominant, aggressive members of society – were almost irresistibly drawn to mate with an omega in heat. And if Levi ended up being one of those...

You weren't necessarily opposed to the idea of Levi helping you out with your heat – as long as it was mutually consensual, of course. After training and fighting with him, day in and day out, you were well aware of how chiseled his body was, how physically adept. On top of that, he was your friend, and you knew he would never mistreat you. You even harbored a secret crush on him. However, if he ended up not feeling comfortable in that sort of situation...you didn't want things to get awkward if you accidentally seduced him with your pheromones.

By the time you two arrived at your bedroom, you hadn't noticed any reaction from him. That was a good indication he wasn't an alpha, but...even so, it was strange. Although betas weren't affected by omega pheromones, they could still smell them. Perhaps Levi was just pretending not to notice for your sake, trying to spare you from the embarrassment.

He helped you into bed and prepared a damp cloth for your forehead. Unfortunately, it did nothing to lessen the heat that was quickly consuming you. And by this point, you were starting to squirm.

"(F/n), what's wrong?" Levi asked again. "Do you need me to get a medic?"

"No..." you mumbled, your voice muffled as your rolled onto your side and pressed your face into the pillow.

Whatever Levi's biological class was, his questioning and evident concern made it clear that he wasn't aware you were in heat. But...why would that be? Any adult, regardless of biological class, should've been able to tell.

You debated staying silent and letting him think you were simply ill. Yet, as embarrassed as you felt, you figured he deserved to know the truth – not only because he was helping you, but also because he sounded so worried. Thus, you removed your face from the pillow and took a deep breath, gathering your courage.

"I'm in heat," you whispered.

"Oh," Levi gasped, looking quite stunned. He blinked at you a few times before his eyes darted to the corner, and a faint blush dusted his cheeks. "You're an o-omega?"

You were slightly surprised at the small stutter in his voice, having never heard the stoic captain sound so uncertain. "Yes," you confirmed softly, watching him with curious eyes. "And you?"

His reply was so quiet that you barely heard it. "Alpha," he whispered, still without looking at you.

"Really?" you questioned, trying to align this bit of news with his lack of response to your heat, and drawing a blank. If he truly was an alpha, it would have been incredibly difficult for him to hold back for so long. "But...why were you asking what was wrong with me, then? Can't you smell my pheromones?"

"I-I..." he stuttered, clearly self-conscious. "You smell g-good...and I do f-feel a bit s-strange, but...I didn't know it was that."

Just as you opened your mouth to respond, another wave of heat hit you, stronger this time. You curled in on yourself, fingers clawing at the pillow, so overwhelmed that you forgot your embarrassment completely. You just needed...

"Hey, Levi..." you began, your eyes pleading with him. "If you really are an alpha, would you mind just...helping me out a little? Please?"

Levi's gaze snapped to yours. The blush on his cheeks deepened from pink to crimson, and it reached back to touch the tips of his ears. Yet, underneath that nervous expression bordering on frightened, it seemed he didn't want you to be in distress.