Just the two of us

Midtown Science & Technology High School was well known for producing well capable and knowledgeable students, with their excellent curriculum it was not a mystery why many parents send their children there.

Even though Midtown was, is a well known STEM school, it does not mean that the school doesn't promote other activities in which student can excel in.

Midtown takes pride in producing top students for different departments, science, engineering, math, literature, drama, sports whatever it is Midtown make sure that all student will graduate on top or atleast have 5 steps ahead of their batch around the state.

Students at Midtown are very competitive in every contest the school held. Now, the students at Midtown were competitive in these other competitions because the students know they can't beat Peter, Ned and MJ when it comes to academic competitions.

Those three were like playing a musical chairs on who gets to be the Top in every academic quarter. Every student just assume that the only talent the three have is just being smart.

The three were fine with just joining academic competitions but the teachers on the other hand were not. They all admire the smarts of these three students. They were mature, they were natural geniuses and not just book smart.

The teachers believe that the three purposely outcast themselves with their peers. That's why they require the three to compete in the talent show.

"But I don't want to be in the talent show!"Ned whined at the principal.

"You can't compete every academic competition, it will be great if you three engage yourselves in different activities. I'm not saying that you have to do it alone. If you three want to perform together that's fine, if you want to do a solo act that's fine too. Now, how about you spend your free period thinking on what you're gonna do in the talent show then comeback to my office to finalize it." The principal told the three not leaving room for any argument.

When the three went to the study hall, Peter was quiet, if there's one thing he hates the most is performing in front of an audience knowing he'll look ridiculous.

"I don't want to perform alone."Peter said out loud. Ned gave Peter a sympathetic look.

"I'll join you." MJ said to Peter.

"You will?" Peter said excitedly.

"Yeah, I'm okay with it. How about you loser?" MJ said while she looked away from her book to looked at Ned.

"Nah, I'm good. I'll go solo this time. Besides, I hate to third wheel you two." Ned said while grinning at Peter.

"Hey what's that suppose to mean?!" Peter said while blushing, MJ just shook her head.

"You already know what you're gonna do?" MJ asked Ned.

"Yup! So, I'm gonna leave you two to talk. I need to look for Betty. She asked me to fix her laptop. I'll see you two later." Ned said as he left the two. There was a moment of silence before MJ stated talking.

"What do you have in mind?"

"To be honest, I don't know" Peter replied

"What can you do aside from swinging and parkour?"

"Well, um, I can dance or sing. Not that great though but I think I can manage, I guess."

"Liar, I heard you sing, you have a great voice. How about we sing?"

"Okay singing, I can do that. What song? Wait you can sing?"

"There's a lot you don't know about me, Loser."