run and hide || chapter 7

Y/N's POV

An overwhelming amount of bright light that came from my window forced me to wake up. I felt pressure around my waist area and I turned slowly and saw Brigette.

We didn't do anything last night, all we were doing was dancing and drinking green tea. I must've fallen asleep on the couch and they took me to my room because the last thing I remembered was Brigette walking into the kitchen to make themselves a new cup of tea.
They looked beautiful with their hair tangled and their face bathed in the light. Even though I wanted to stay in their arms forever, but I had a novel to write and some coffee to make.
I slowly twisted from their gentle embrace and tip-toed from the bedroom and into the kitchen where I placed a coffee pod into the coffee machine.
I grabbed my laptop from the couch and pressed the power button and waited for it to start up. I heard footsteps, but it wasn't Brigette's, it was Y/B/F. Shit, they're definitely going to get the wrong impression.
"Good morning, bestie!" Y/B/F sang. I cringed at their raspy voice and I shushed her.
"Shh, there's someone upstairs, and they're sleeping-" my sentence was woefully interrupted by Y/B/F's loud gasp.
"NO! You slept with Brigette?!" They exclaimed.
"No, but yes? No, we didn't sleep together we just cuddled. That's all," I stated.
"Good morning," a voice said. Y/B/F and I turned and saw Brigette. Their hair was a mess, they were wearing shorts and a tank top with my zip-up hoodie hanging loosely from their shoulders.
"Heyyyyy," Y/B/F greeted. They had a smirk on their face, a smirk I did not like at all.

Brigette's POV

"Good morning, Brig," Y/N greeted. "This is Y/B/F, they're my best friend although they are annoying,"

I chuckled. "Hey, you're the person from the book reading event right?"
"That's me. Wherever dearest Y/N goes, I follow," Y/B/F stated proudly.
"You want some coffee?" Y/N asked, changing the subject. I nodded and climbed on a stool by the kitchen counter.
"SO, how was your night last night?" Y/B/F asked, wiggling her eyebrows a bit.
"Fivel is in the hospital right now, so my night went kinda shitty," I snapped. Y/B/F's face dropped, and her eyes widened. "I- I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped,"
"No, it's okay. You didn't mean it," Y/B/F said. "Hey, how about some music?"
"Sure, but none of your metal music, it's too early," Y/N said as she poured three cups of coffee.
"Ugh, fine. How about..." a beat skipped as she thought about what to play. Before they could mutter out a word, the doorbell rang. Y/N and Y/B/F exchanged confused glances before Y/B/F looked through the window.
"It's him," Y/B/F hissed. Y/N looked scared and then placed her cup onto the counter. "It's okay, I'll answer the door. I'll say you're not here,"

Y/N's POV

Y/B/F answered the door, and I couldn't stop my thoughts from distracting me. Would this be a daily thing? How long until I broke completely? More importantly, would Brigette freak out and leave?
I looked at and they were trying to see who was at the door, with much fail. I couldn't lose them, they were the one thing that was keeping me sane.
Y/B/F came in with a bag of Dunkin and a cardboard tray holding two coffee cups.
"Woah, breakfast? You guys made it seem that a murderer turned up at your door," Brigette joked, but no one laughed. Brigette's face dropped and I felt bad. "Hey, hey, hey, what are you doing?" They asked Y/B/F who was throwing the food away.
"It was Y/N's ex. He's a borderline stalking her, and-"
"Y/B/F, stop," I said and my voice wobbled a bit. "I'm going to get ready for the day, and then we can go to your place, Brig,"
Brigette nodded and I turned on my heel, walking towards my room. As I walked into my room I shut the door behind me and collapsed on my bed and sobbed my eyeballs out.