Chapter Seventeen.

Lip Cont(r)act

Lip Cont(r)act

"A contract?" the flower goblin settled a box of books and documents on the floor. He dusted his hands and continued his way to the other scattered boxes near the file cabinets and shelves. He glimpsed at the Grim Reaper momentarily before organizing again. Jimin stacked some newly purchased books on the shelves, arranging them based on their height and thickness.

The grim reaper sat on a vacant chair near the entrance. He leaned on his left hand, his right-hand drumming impatiently on the small wooden table. With a groan, Jungkook babbled about his day by the picture window. 

"If she wasn't too passive, I would've sealed the contract easier."

Jimin clicked his tongue while shaking his head, hands on his hips. "Judging by how it ended, you didn't explain yourself when you suddenly assaulted the human. You could've informed her instead of being impulsive."

Jungkook rolled his eyes, laughing sarcastically at the thought of a permanent contract with a mortal. 

"Oh c'mon. It was broad daylight and I had to mark her already. If Yoongi's magic hadn't worn off, she could've been under his spell before I even got the chance to mark her temporarily. I had no choice but to make a rash decision."

Jimin shrugged, sighing at his troubled visitor. He continued stacking more boxes together and dusting the shelves and other ancient treasures in the room. With a snap of his fingers, his magic polished the entire vicinity. Jimin sat in front of the grim reaper with a concerned expression on his face. 

"Does she even know your name?" he asked. 

Jungkook raised an eyebrow at his query, confused.

The grim reaper shook his head. 

"She can't summon you then. The contract is sealed once the mortal whispers your full name. Otherwise, there won't be any settlement. I bet some former guardians accidentally activated the Permanent Contract. That doesn't mean that they are bound to their mortal for the rest of their life. In other words, the contract is officially sealed once the mortal whispers your full name."

Jungkook's big doe eyes lit up. He forgot about those things. It probably was the reason why Namjoon had the guts to laugh at his senseless and spiteful thinking—it was because the oracle was too busy judging his comprehension. 

"The only thing for you to do this time is to never let her know your name."

"There's no way she'll know it. Besides, the Oracle promised me it was his last favor. He already ended my mission to keep an eye on her." Jungkook grinned, remembering the agreement he had with Namjoon. 

The grim reaper stood up from his seat, leaving the room with a smile of triumph on his face. 

The oracle is currently extremely occupied, with Namjoon taking charge of monitoring both Yeomra and the humans in the flower shop. Due to Jungkook's frequent presence in the mortal realm, Namjoon has entrusted the task of observing Yuna to the Grim Reaper. 

As Jungkook exited the backdoor of the former gift shop with a handful of death cards, Jimin continued working in the Magic Shop.

This Magic Shop also became a sacred place for the hatter and the goblin. Jimin welcomes the souls while Taehyung accompanies them in his small tea house just beside his reception area. 

The guardians have been preoccupied lately, as they are gearing up for a big move scheduled for next week. They're relocating the entire Wonderland and the Magic Shop to Busan, South Korea, a decision made to facilitate their interaction with humans.

For years, they had been residing in desolate and remote areas. It all changed when a local land deity restricted them from settling in his territory. This unexpected turn of events pushed them to the decision to move and seek a more sustainable way of life, including renting and earning income—much like humans do.

———

Warning: The following scenes contain self-harm and mature themes. If you find it disturbing, please skip to the next chapter.

The Shadow King of Underland closed his fists, his veins bulged on his knuckles from anger. He squirmed on his throne, his eyes gleaming red at the sight of his home. He gritted his teeth and clenched his jaw to release his overflowing wrath. He broke free from the chains around his hands, the rusty metal tainting his skin. He rose from his seat with a wrathful glower. 

Boulders, rocks, flowing lava, and treacherous pits adorned his home. Crows circled ominously around the dark hole in the ceiling above him, while sinister snakes slithered along the ground, seeking to torment him in his realm. The anguished cries of lost souls hung heavy in the air, with many condemned to writhe in pools of molten lava.

Yeomra, consumed by the relentless agony of this place, carelessly crushed a serpent under his foot. His skin bore the inky marks of his sins, and his teeth appeared tarnished. He vented his frustration with bitter curses aimed at his abode and the guardians while clawing at his face with his long nails.

Blood trickled down his face. He ordered his apprentice, a former soul in the pit of suffering, to lick the red liquid off his skin just to feel a rush of arousal.

Another woman strutted in front of him, a figure resembling someone he yearned for. Yeomra sat on his seat again after his apprentice licked his blood. He imagined the woman in his dreams, the human who made him this way—the human who grew fond of him... 

A moan escaped Yeomra's lips. The female soul clawed at his exposed lower region, her head bobbing up and down to satisfy him. She gripped his thighs and continued pleasuring him with his fingers and mouth. 

A name left his lips, interlacing with his salacious noises as soon as he reached the peak of his climax. He pushed the woman harshly away from him to buckle his belt and leave his seat. Yeomra licked his lips and smiled, an image of that human replacing his train of thought. 

The Shadow King of Underland left his realm as he flew to the crater above him, the tunnel towards the entrance of Reality. 

Now that Yeomra is back at it again, the first name that came to his mind is the young florist in Busan. 

The human who grew fond of him: 

Yuna.

©️ capuzzino