Chapter fourteen: See you in Hell

Start from the beginning

"Your methods are too slow, Issac!" A grey-haired agent chides, standing over the girl with his foot still drawn, "Walker could be setting his bomb somewhere across the globe any minute now, and you're taking your sweet time with her as if she's an art project."

The scrawny torturer frowns and turns his back at him. Walking toward the metal desk, he browses through different equipment. "My methods always work, the pretty little girl was taught to endure pain," he grunts in exasperation and gestures at the bloodstained bandage around her hand, "she did this to herself."

Sighing with a mixture of frustration and disgust, the CIA agent takes another swing at Ingvild's torso, the pointy edge of his shoe colliding with the scar at her gut.

Bloodshot eyes rise with wrath, violent tides of aftershock course at her viscera. She peers at the men through the haze of pain when a third figure appears in the room, standing calmly whilst Issac and the agent argue among them.

Tall, broad, and charismatic, the handsome man strides toward her. His tailored steel-coloured suit envelops his statuesque body as if he is made of iron.

"You're taking it so well, princess," he praises in his deep, melodic baritone while crouching down to take a closer look. Ingvild lifts her head, slowly breaking into a weak grin. Onyx orbs replace the storm-touched eyes, but that chiselled face still belongs to her beautiful monster.

"Did you tell them anything about where I am headed?" he asks and gives her a pout, reaching his index finger and thumb to squeeze her bruised cheek affectionately.

Swallowing the aching dryness in her throat, she manages to shake her head meekly. "No... I said nothing," her voice cracking as she whispers. Her chapped lips stretch into a pale, awkward grin.

Tiny lines form at the corner of his void-like eyes as he smiles back, radiating with dangerous delight.

"That's my good girl."

The grey-haired agent throws a glance over his shoulder, scrutinising Ingvild while he stands next to Issac, who is twirling a scalpel back and forth between his boney fingers.

"Who is she talking to?"

"Not very sane this one," Issac explains as he examines the silver blade against the light, "multiple mental disorders, dissociative personality, psychotic."

Pushing the agent aside with his free hand, Issac steps forward. He leers at Ingvild, who stares at nothing for a long second before averting her eyes back at them.

"We just need to dig a little deeper and the little bird will sing," he exclaims and moves closer before dropping to his knees. One of his icy hands lands on her shoulder, forcing her flat on her back. Shuddering at his frozen touch, she closes her eyes; in the bleak nothingness, she recalls the night in the lake where August let her die.

"Pretty little Ingvild, have you heard of vivisection?" Her torturer asks as he lines his twig-like finger over the spine of the scalpel. Sensing his digits sneaking beneath the hem of her shirt, she shoots her eyes open yet remains still and intrepid.

The tiny black marbles beneath Issac's brows glint with twisted joy, appeased at the sight of the scar as he exposes her torso. Ingvild expects the pain of the blade when something tepid and unpleasantly wet slithers across her gut like a little pink slug.

"Umm... Issac...?" The agent interrupts, furrowing his brow with confusion and disgust as he stares at his colleague licking the girl's torso.

"What?!" Issac snaps at him, his eyes narrowing with spite, "you wanted me to go harder on her!"