2. p

CHAPTER 2 PARALLEL

An intense pain in his arm made him awake up. It felt like his hand had been broken. It was stinging badly. He brought his arm up to his eyes to see five deep puncture holes in his hands.

"I remember that one." He thought loudly.

It was from when he and Cassidy had been camping in the Forests of Nightfodel looking for the Spirit Ester. A human male had thought that he could steal from them and go unscathed.

The foolish man thought that they cared that he was food for his ill son. They had tortured him for hours, Neil had dug the spikes of his shoes in his hands somewhere during the session.

He looked around the place he was in. There was white all around him. His first thought was that he had died but then realised that hell was not white and bright. So the next thing he did was trying to remember what had happened before he lost consciousness.

Another pain in his hand felt like he had lost his fingers this time.

Then it hit him. The girl. Her touch.
He realised his body felt fresh and new except his hand. It felt like he didn't have any wound all over. He got up from the bed he laid in and checked himself. True to his belief, his torso, his legs, everything looked fresh. There was not even a scar on him.

Neil blinked a few times, getting used to his surroundings. It was clear that he was in some hospital.

He suddenly jumped off the bed as the door was opened to his room.

A man dressed in a ward boy's cloth walked in with a tray in his hand.

Neil marched towards him and pushed him on the wall. The tray fell off his hand  making a loud noise.

"Where is she?" He asked in hoarse voice, his throat sore and his hands squeezing around his windpipe.

The guy looked scared as he asked , "Who are you talking about?"

Neil had no time for this bullshit. His knees buckled as he felt a crack on his knee cap.

He groaned in pain shutting his eyes close.

This time when he opened them, they were enough to make someone piss themselves. The ward boy trembled in fear. Neil was looking at him with murderous rage.

Neil grabbed his hand and placed it on the door frame. The guy tried pulling his hand away but Neil was stronger.
He was so busy trying to pull himself off this psychotic patient that he didn't see the door that came closing over his hand, breaking his bones.

He screamed out in pain only to have a hand muffle his screams.

Neil pressed his hand over his victim's mouth, closing the door over it again and again until he was sure that his bones were now powder.
He really had no other intention behind it. A rather simple one.

He was in pain so he brought pain on someone else.

In hindsight he knew, this would come back to him some day. The curse would make him feel all again and he would have to stop. But inflicting pain on others was his food, the life source keeping him alive. He loved seeing his victim's suffering.

The guy was now crying behind his hand. His eyes leaking tears all over his cheeks and the hands of his torturer.

"Where is she?" Neil asked again.

"I don't know. I really don't know. Just let me go, please." He begged.

"Tell me where the girl is. Or I will kill you right here." He squeezed his throat in threat.