Due to the shock of Kuroko’s smile, the emperor needed few moments to remind himself of where he is. And he couldn’t even imagine what kind of face he’s making. He coughed and nodded. “…You’re welcome.”

“I-I’m sorry I haven’t made you or bought you a gift yet. Actually, I still haven’t bought anyone’s gift. Can you wait until the 25th?” The innocent-so-ever phantom player begged.

“Seriously, Tetsuya, you don’t need to—“

“No. I want to.”

“I will not stop you if that’s what you want then. Just don’t push yourself too hard or I won’t accept your gift.”

Kuroko nodded. “Sei-kun…”

“Mm?” asked the red-head as he peels two oranges, one for himself and one for the one confine on the bed.

“You’re going to leave after taking care of me today, aren’t you?” guessed the teal-haired teen.

Akashi averted his gaze. “I actually do not want to, but once my mother has decided something—you cannot say ‘no’ to her or else…”

“I finally realized now where your bossiness came from, Sei-kun.”, confessed Kuroko.

“And what do you mean with that?” Akashi demanded, raising an eyebrow.

“Oh, nothing.” , mocked the blue-head. The red-head turned back to his companion and find the latter smiling a little. “We might not see each other for few days right? So…in advance, I want to say: ‘Merry Christmas, Sei-kun.’ Please enjoy your holiday.”, added he and touched the tear-shaped pendant on his neck.

Akashi, seeing the sadness from the blue-head’s eyes and hearing his loneliness through his tone smiled back and nodded. “And to you, too. Merry Christmas, Tetsuya.”

What both do not know is that…that might be the last time they’ll be smiling at each other.

~LFMH021~

“Tetsuya, are you sure you’re going alone?” Takumi asked, for the tenth for today.

“You already asked me that for the tenth time, Nii-san and for the tenth time, my answer will be: ‘yes’.” The blue-head replied. “It’s alright, Nii-san. I’ll just be out for an hour to meet somebody and I’ll be back here.” Kuroko explained as he wrapped a scarf around his neck and put on the necklace Akashi gave him.

“I’m using the organizer and special pen you gave me a day ago. The organizer is so much help specially upon separating different documents. I’ve been looking for that kind of organizer for almost a month. And the pen, well, I think I will not use it. It’s actually something special, so I will just make it as a display—something to look at before sleeping.”

“Ugh, Nii-san, you’re creepy side is showing again.” The phantom player teased.

“Hey! What do you mean with ‘creepy side’?”, protested Takumi.

“Oh, nothing. I’ll be going now. Don’t overexert yourself, Nii-san. I’ll be back after an hour.”, bade Kuroko and left the house.

Takumi doesn’t know if he’s making the right decision. A voice in his head wants him to stop his brother, but his body won’t just comply.

~LFMH021~

It’s already the 27th of December and just like what Kagami requested. He went to the park to meet up with him. The red-head wasn’t home a day ago, so he wasn’t able to give his gift. At least, he might be able to give it this time and tell him his true feelings. Of what he truly feels between Kagami and Akashi.