I had no idea what the doctor wanted to talk to me about. Nothing I didn't already know about from the other times that I had talked to him, I had to apologize over and over numerous times for Annie's behavior. Annie's mom and dad had to return to work, because the law doesn't stop for anyone, and they had taken too much time off since the accident, I was the line of communication between the doctor and them, and I kept them informed.

The doctor took me to a small waiting room, "Liam, I wanted to explain something to you," he said as he folded his hands in front of his chest.

"Annie had an extremely traumatic head injury and as you know, that could cause temporary blindness, or as in some cases, it can sometimes turn out to be permanent as well. We have ran some tests that can't pinpoint which one it is that Annie has, I say give it another week, by then it should either start wearing off and slowly her eyesight will come back, or we will know it is permanent and we will have to look into further options then." He explained very carefully watching my reaction to this news.

I felt like my whole insides were busting with happiness, but I had to make sure I heard the doctor right first.

"So, she could get her sight back?" I asked excitedly. I knew it was a long shot, but if she could that would make her life so much easier. She would be able to get out of the hospital and resume back to her normal life, the best she could after such a situation like this.

The doctor looked at Annie's chart that he had in his hand.

"Yes, that is a possibility, she could. I am optimistic and wanted to pull you aside and give you this information away from her. I've experienced a large number of patients who suffer from head injuries and they recover within a couple of weeks, but once in a while I do come across one that doesn't, and it turns out to be permanent. I feel that if I tell her she has a chance to see again and it doesn't work out, she will lash out much worse than she already has. So, I leave that decision up to you." The doctor explained, noting a few things in her chart, especially when he mentioned her lashing out.

I kind of smiled to myself and shook my head a bit, knowing she had already started lashing out towards everyone about everything when something didn't go her way, or something frustrated her, but she wasn't the only one to blame, I was allowing her to do it!

"I understand doctor. I will think about it for a while and figure out the best course of action. Thank you for taking the time to explain everything and giving me the information, and also taking such good care of her, I appreciate it." I said as I shook the doctor's hand.

"No problem, also just so you know. Her lashing out is a normal response for someone who is going through this kind of situation," he said making a few more notations on her chart, then excused himself so he could go take care of other patients.

As I walked out of the waiting room I saw Niall walking my way. He could see the slightly confused look on my face.

He raised an eyebrow in my direction.

"What's going on?" Niall asked me as he leaned up against the wall.

I stopped and leaned up against the wall next to him.

"The doctor told me that Annie has a possibility of getting her sight back. That's what he wanted to talk to me about."

Niall looked at me with a wide grin.

"That's great news!"

"It is indeed," I reply as we start walking back down the hallway to Annie's room. I opened her door and took a seat in the chair that I had previously been sitting in.

We all sat in almost complete silence as I pondered and thought about what I should do about this situation and the information that the doctor gave me. I knew I should tell her, but at the same time, if it doesn't go her way, where she doesn't get her sight back, she is going to throw an absolute fit!