Chapter 1

I was dreaming of a boy my age, he had brown curly hair and deep brown eyes. We were picnicking on the beach, watching the sunset, listening to music. He had his fingers interlocked with mine. We were gazing into each other's eyes as our lips got closer...closer....clos....BRINNG.......BRINNG... I squinted my eyes....damn it! I tried to keep the picture, but it was fading with every incessant ringing sound, then reality hit me.

I groaned and blindly with one hand found the source of the noise, my alarm clock, and threw it.

I was annoyed to be woken up from my dream, I mean come on I was about to kiss a really hot guy!

Well since I'm awake NOW, I should introduce myself.

My name is Annie Baker, I'm 14 years old, skinny, 5' with long auburn hair and blue eyes. I'm an average American girl, well I was as of a couple of days ago. Because now I live in London.

My parents who are lawyers are so caught up in their jobs, I swear they don't know I exist. Not until I'm in trouble, then comes the lectures, threats, and groundings, that they never stick to. I guess you could say my parents are pushovers. Heck, my dad would rather hand over his credit card to me, than see me shed a tear, he calls it his way of keeping the peace.

I call it having my dad right where I want him!

I reluctantly climbed out of bed and opened my window. My view was of the yard next door, there are flower beds with roses of all different colors lining the fence that separated our yard from their yard.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw movement I stepped back from the window just enough so I could still see out, but no one could see me. I gasped there on the lawn with a dog, was a boy, he looked to be about my age, he had brown curly hair. I got a little closer to the window to get a better look.

Wait a minute. What? How could it be?

I couldn't believe that he looked exactly like the boy from my dreams, and was outside on the lawn next to my house!

I pinched myself on the arm to see if I happen to still be dreaming.

"Ouch!" that hurt, I definitely wasn't dreaming.

I stepped closer to the window and leaned down on the window seal, resting my chin in my hand, watching him play with his dog, while I daydreamed.

I was so intent on watching him that I didn't realize my elbow slipped and hit the side of a flowerpot that was on the edge of the window seal, it fell off and broke on the cement patio below with a loud crashing sound.

"Annie!"

"Shit! Shit!" I said as I backed away from the window in a hurry, just as the boy looked up in my direction after hearing the commotion.