for acceptance (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Don't you people have some sense of privacy?", I said with narrowed eyes, glancing around the cafeteria.

They realised what they were doing was wrong and just put down their phones. I sighed and brushed back my wet hair, luckily being only covered from water. I turned back to the kid to see him shallow breathing. He wasn't doing good but he'll be okay.

"Sunghoon, help me carry him to the nurse."

"What?! But-", I narrowed my eyes as he gulped and nodded.

We carried the kid to the nurse and she gasped as she saw us.

"What happened?", she asked as we rested the kid on an empty bed.

"This idiot couldn't hold himself back.", I jutted my thumb at Sunghoon who gasped.

"It's my fault? He's the one who called you that slur!", The nurse gasped, making us look at her.

"This junior called you that word?", I sighed and nodded.

"But he would never..He's a nice kid.."

"You know him?", she nodded and crossed her arms.

"He always came here with bruises and told me they were from falling down the stairs."

I see. He's being bullied. I was shocked when a skinny kid like him called me that slur. He didn't look like he wanted to say it. Like someone put him up to it.

"I'll be called up to see Jaeyun's dad soon. Ugh, he's going to kill me.", Sunghoon said, sighing.

"You can explain to him what happened. I'm sure he'll believe you. We could also get this kid to help. His words matter the most.", He thought about it and agreed that would be best.

We let the nurse take care of the kid while we were summoned to the Principal's office or rather, Jaeyun's dad.

"Can someone explain why you did that? Sunghoon?", he demanded, eyebrow raised.

"A kid went up to Jungwon, poured water on him and called him a homophobic slur. What else was I supposed to do? Ignore it?", his expression quickly changed as he understood the situation.

"I see. Then I understand. But please hold back before doing something like that."

"Yes, sir."

He sighed and sat on his chair, clearly stressed.

"What about the student? Is he okay?"

"He's okay for now. We're planning on checking up on him later."

He looked at us, confused.

"Oh, we found out he's probably being bullied and someone put him up to do what he did at the Cafeteria. We're going to find out from the kid."

"Alright, you are dismissed. I'll call up the student's parents and explain what happened."

We stood up and bowed, turning to leave the room before Jaeyun and In Yeop rushed in.

"Sunghoon!"

"Jungwon!"

They shouted at the same time and the four of us froze as we stared at each other in shock. Jaeyun made the first move and pulled Sunghoon into a hug.

In Yeop limped towards me with his crutches as he frowned and pulled me into a hug.

"Are you okay? I heard about what happened. I'm so sorry I wasn't there.", I chuckled and shook my head.

"You couldn't have expected it. Besides Sunghoon was there with me. I didn't expect him to just punch the kid like that."

"Okay guys, stop being so lovely dovey in my office. As much as I find it cute, I have work to do."