for acceptance (part 1)

JUNGWON

It has been two weeks since the match and my boyfriend's injury. He had a smaller cast on his ankle and he had just been discharged but he has to walk with crutches if he wants that ankle to recover quickly. The finals was in a week and In Yeop admitted that it'll be impossible for him to be fit by that time so he just trusted his teammates and Jaeyun would win the trophy for him.

Oddly enough, when I came back to school in those two weeks that In Yeop was stuck in the hospital, I didn't get harassed for 'turning the star striker' gay. Actually, there was one or two but surprisingly, none of them were from the football team. In fact, they were the ones to come to my defence.

"If anyone hurts our ace striker's boyfriend, I'll kill them.", One of the fierce looking players on the team promised me which just made me more scared of him.

"You know we have your back, Won.", Jay smiled and promised me.

So I was told Jaeyun made the guys promise on their lives to protect their striker's boyfriend which when we found out, we both gave him the biggest hug ever.

We went back to school, this time together and hand-in-hand. Students looked at us in admiration and some, disgust. We didn't care about them. I love him and I'll never be ashamed of it.

"You don't have to escort me to my class like this.", In Yeop whined like the cute baby he is.

"I need to make sure you don't fall and land on your pretty face.", I joked, making him pout on me.

"You're mean but thank you Wonnie.", I smiled and nodded.

We reached his class and I opened the sliding door for him. He turned around and gave me a peck on the lips before ruffling my hair.

"Hurry to your class. You'll be late."

I nodded and gestured for him to hurry in. He chuckled and did just that. I looked through the window, making sure he made it to his seat safely. He saw me and glared, mouthing for me to hurry to my class. I laughed and waved at him as he returned it.

The rest of the school day went by smoothly as usual and it was lunch time. I walked with my tray of food to where Sunghoon was sat at and plopped down on the bench.

"Gosh Math was a pain today.", Sunghoon chuckled and took a bite of the food.

"Tell me something I don't know."

I shook my head and just ate the food on my tray. As bad as it is.

"Hey faggot!"

Before I could turn to see who shouted that, I felt cold liquid run down my neck and back as I stood up in shock. Gasps filled the cafeteria as they all took our their phone to film. I clenched my fists and turned to the culprit. It was some junior I didn't recognise. The audacity of him to call me that.

"What's your fucking problem?!", I exploded, clearly surprising him.

Sunghoon held me back before I could lunge towards him and punch the homophobe.

"I'll deal with this.", he whispered and my eyes widened as he punched the kid with so much force I swear I heard his jaw crack.

He towered over him and straddled him, punching him with the same force. I froze for a second before everything became clearer.

"Sunghoon! Stop it!", I pulled him from killing the kid.

His breathing was hard and fast. I could tell his adrenaline was high.

"You're going to get yourself expelled.", His breathing suddenly became calm and regular as he nodded.

I turned to the kid and I cringed at the sight of his bloodied face. I looked around to see people still recording the incident.