Farkle raised his hand and asked, "Farkle time, sir?" "Oh, I love Farkle time."My father said. Dad and Farkle switched places. "With all due respects to history, Mr. Matthews, what's important to our generation will be on this side of the timeline." Farkle said. "When Farkle and technology rule and make another one of you." Farkle pulled a hair from Riley's head. "Ow." Riley said. "And another one of you." Farkle said to me as he plucked hair from my head. "Ow." I said. "And another one of you." Farkle said to Maya then plucked a piece of hair from her head too. "Wait, not there's six of us and one of you?" Riley questioned. "That's awesome." Farkle stated. "The future, you can't escape it. I am Farkle!" Farkle and Dad switched back places

"The assignment, you can't escape it. I am teacher." Dad said. "Okay, so this is what we are going to do guys. We are going to split into teams and discover whether or not new technology has made us better people. You'll do presentations on your findings and here's a twist." "No computers." "What?!" Farkle exclaimed. "We're going old school." Dad said. "You're going to do your research at the New York Public Library." "Where?" Maya asked. "And here's another twist because I trust you not at all, give me your cell phones." Dad said. "No!" Riley exclaimed.

"Yeah." Dad said. "Hand them up." He said going around the room collecting the phones. "Thank you, so our teams for this assignment. Maya," Maya opened her arms and Farkle flew into them. "What up?" Farkle asked. Maya pushed him back to his seat. "Kayden, you will be with them." Dad said. "Yeah, dream team." Farkle says high fiving me. "Riley," Dad said. "You two will be with..." He looked at Lucas and Lucas gave him a small waved. "No!"He exclaimed. "No!" Dad said as they looked at each other. The bell rang. "No!" Everyone got up and when Lucas got close enough Cory asked, "Why did you have to come here?"

"Sorry I make you uneasy, sir." Lucas apologized before walking out of the room. "Oh dad, we don't have our phones. What could possibly happen?" Riley asked. Riley walked out of the classroom. "Kayden, you're switching groups. Make sure nothing bad happens." Dad said to me. I flashed him a smile and gave him a thumbs up. "You got it dude." I said and walked out to meat my friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stood outside of the classroom and suddenly Lucas walked pass. "Hey soaring eagle, are you walking with us to the library tonight?" I asked. "Sure, if that's good with you guys." Lucas replied. "Well seeing as you're Riley's and now Kayden's partner on this assignment. I guess we should find out if it's okay with them." Maya said. "Riley? Kayden?"

Riley said nothing so I spoke for us. "Sure it would be fun." I told him putting my hand on his shoulder. "Thanks Kayden" Lucas said smiling at me. "Riley, any thoughts that might come out in word form?" I asked. "No, because you don't have your phone. So what are you going to do to communicate I wonder." Maya asked. Riley gave us two thumbs up. "Oh look at that, two thumbs up from Riley." Maya said then Riley smiled. "Oh and a smiley face." I added. Lucas gave and adorable laugh before walking off. "Well Goodbye to you too then!" I shout after him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were at the dinner table eating dinner as a family. "It was a good dad and then my friends treated me nicely and then my teacher measured us and then I'm growing and the Jenny Lewis loves me." Auggie said. I looked at him with a confused expression. "I think because I'm growing." I nod and smile ruffling his hair. "It wasn't a good day," Riley said. "and then our friend pulled our hair out and then our friend took my phone." She continued. "And then our teacher was our father." "At least you two are growing." Auggie said. "He's not wrong." I said looking at Riley putting my arm around Auggie.

"Honey, please don't come apart. This is a beautiful opportunity to spend time with your family." Mom told Riley. "Hello Riley, hello Kayden." Auggie said. "How ya doin' buddy?" I asked. "Wanna hear about my day?" he asked. "It was a good day." He started. "Mom." Riley said. "Riley!" I exclaimed, surprised at her rudeness. "Forgive her Auggie. She misses her telephone." Mom said. "Well she can share mine." Auggie said, handing his toy phone to Riley. Riley pressed a button. "The cow goes" "Moo." Auggie said and I chuckled. "You're still my adorable little buddy Augster." I said patting his head and he smiled happily.