My Encounter with truck-kun | Story a day #36

Yes, you know how the story goes. There's this kid right? He's around three or four maybe, their guardian - or should I call them parent? Nevermind. Their guardian lost sight of the kid for a second, and the kid crosses the road right? And what does thirty year old me do? Me who's on the other side of the road? 

Well I try to save the kid of course, from the ten-wheeler truck about to collide with his innocent face. Only then another person from the other side grabbed the kid from behind, but it was too late for me. 

That was the last I saw of the world.

When I finally came into consciousness I was in a weird forest. I knew this wasn't the real world, as the lights were different, as even the dark colors glowed. Everything glowed, and the trees weren't even like... trees. They were more... substantial.

Then a woman came walking by, she was pale as anyone I've ever seen, and the glow didn't help her case in any way.

"Are you god?" I asked her.

"Pfft. Do I look like one?" She said, smiling.

"I don't know... I've never seen gods before."

"Well you'd be surprised... they're more geometric than you might imagine." 

"Oh really." That's was all I could say, emotions were pretty muted at this point. Perhaps my real heart had just stopped

"So where are we?" I asked.

We're in your forest. She said without speaking.

My forest? I answered the same way.

Yes. These are all the trees you've planted in our life, take a look around. I've placed some signs so that you'll know what trees they're for.

But these are all shrubs.

"Well, you didn't really do much in your life now did you?" she laughed.

***to be continued when my stomach feels better