Ch14- Kazuko's Background

(Happy Simpsgiving! Comment down the first character you have simped for back then. Mine was Kakashi Hatake from Naruto. Take time to enjoy Illumi with little Illumi<3)

Kazuko's POVAs soon as I got out of my uncle's sh*tty office, I went back to my bedroom and had a breakdown

Kazuko's POV
As soon as I got out of my uncle's sh*tty office, I went back to my bedroom and had a breakdown. I kicked my nightstand, causing the vase on top of it to fall to the floor and shatter. I fell to the floor and pulled out a half-ripped envelope. I side, pushing myself against the wall and sliding down to the floor.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and hid my face between my legs. A few months ago, my memories got erased; I couldn't remember anything that had happened to me before. But when I woke up and I found a torn letter in my pocket. I tried to read it to see if it could give me any clues of the previous events before my memory was white, but all I could read out was, 'I know that I am— there is something I have been meaning to confess—'

I tried looking for the other half of the letter, but I knew I couldn't see when the village was burned to the ground and no trace of anybody's belongings. The only thing I managed to find was an (f/c) ribbon that was crispy from the village's destruction.

Every time I looked at it, I got a strange feeling that I had seen that ribbon somewhere before. I kept it with me after all this time by hiding it under a loose floorboard along with the torn letter. I stayed on the floor with my face in my legs before checking my phone for any messages. I got a text from one of the Shurah that was assigned to head to the Hunter Exam.

The target had murdered them. The target we were supposed to capture a few months ago. I scoffed, "I knew they couldn't do it." I stood up, grabbing my weapon and heading out. "The Shurah spotted the target at Heavens Arena," I said to myself. I boarded the last boat with a group of Shurah.

I looked back at my home, putting my uncle standing next to the leader of the Huriah on the temple's mountaintop. "What are they up to?" I mumbled to myself. "Lord Kazuko," one of the cloaked Shurah caught my attention; they bought their head.

"What?" I snapped; they looked a bit taken back by the usual outburst; I rolled my eyes at their cowering figure. "I had discovered something in the ashes of one of the homes—" I stomped my foot harshly, startling all of the Shurah on the ship.

I nervously looked around at the silence on the boat. The Shurahs' faces clouded over by the hoods that covered their faces. I cleared my throat, "I said," I said sternly. The Shurah pulled an object from their pocket.
It was a picture of me..? It was a picture of me smiling next to a girl with fair (s/c) skin, (e/c) eyes, and (h/c) hair. She also had extremely sharp teeth, but she seemed happy.

My vision grew blurry; I bowed down my head and closed my eyes from the sudden mysterious migraine I somehow got. "Lord Kazuko, are you alright?" the Shurah asked with concern. "I'm fine," I groaned. "I am going to go lie down. Everyone, get to their posts, now!" The Shurah ran to do with different corners and of the ship and quickly started working.

I walked towards a door that was attached to the ship. I opened it and walked inside to find a loft that was bigger than my bedroom. I thought, 'How could fit such large furniture inside an old wooden ship like this one?' I rolled my eyes. "Stupid, Nen," I mumbled.

I went ahead and crashed onto the large silk cushioned bed. I raised my hand, holding the photo above my vision. I looked at the girl in the image again. I felt another migraine coming along as I lost my focus on the picture. Then it came to me, 'Isn't this girl our target?'

"But that doesn't explain why we were together in this picture."