"Don't you have anything better to do?" Jungkook said impatiently.

"......"

"Just remember to be grateful." Jungkook reminded him.

"Yes, yes, yes, Master Jungkook." Taehyung agreed.

Master Jungkook was indeed pleased by that dried salted fish's tact, thus he replenished the younger man's soup, "Your reward."

"Thank you, Kookie, for this recompense," Taehyung said, beaming.

"Shut it." Jungkook gently scolded, "Do you want go to heaven right now? Call me that again, try it."

Taehyung stuck out his tongue, before cheerfully lowering his head, then continued to eat his dinner.

**

When his afternoon class ended, Taehyung was stopped by his mentor, and the two went down the stairs together.

Mentor, "The bonus from the last project came in, so I'll call you later when it's transferred to your card, alright."

Taehyung nodded, "Yes. Thank you, teacher."

With a wave of their hand, the mentor added, "Why so formal, you've worked very hard for this for very long, so take some time to rest now."

Taehyung smiled, "It was no trouble." After all, he was very thankful to the mentor for giving him such an opportunity.

Patting his shoulder, the mentor then said, "Go on home, alright."

Taehyung gave a nod, "Goodbye, teacher."

Because he had no more classes that afternoon, Taehyung went to the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat then headed straight home.

Just as he had returned, he received a message reading "□□ has been deposited into your account", and above those words was the word "Bonus".

This had been the first time a project kept him busy for an entire two months, and Taehyung had indeed endured many a long night. But, even though he was tired, the bonus amount was quite good, and so it was all regarded as being worth it.

He sent a message to his mentor, confirming he had received the money, then after that, made his way to the study and turned on his computer. Once on, he opened a file labelled "Bill", which he used to record the debt his mother and father owed to Jungkook.

He proceeded to record his just received bonus, which had before it, a few amounts noted as well. But, in the face of such a tremendous amount of debt, those few sums were tantamount to drops of water before an ocean —insignificant.

Taehyung took out his phone, checked his savings in the bank, and again recorded the details into the files before saving it, intending to shut off his computer.

Just as he put his phone aside, it rang. The incoming call being from Yejun.

"Aunty." Taehyung closed off the file and received the call.

"Tae, are you at home, by chance?" Yejun asked.

"Yeah. Did you return from your trip?" Taehyung also asked.

"Yeah, we just left the airport, so in a little bit, we'll pass by your apartment to take you back with us to have a meal. See you later, okay. " Yejun said happily.

"Alright, see you soon." Taehyung replied.

After he hung up, he gave Jungkook a call, but it went unanswered. He figured the other was most likely busy so he instead decided to get himself ready for the time being, then wait for Yejun to arrive.