Chapter 01

" You better wake up before you forget how... " he whispers with a husky voice next to my ears.

My heart starts to beat fast. I know I was in trouble. I am terrified to open my eyes, so I was just pretending to be still unconscious instead of facing the person in front of me.  My kidnapper.

I open my eyes slowly without trying to make any unnecessary moves. Strangely, I wake up in a bed without being tied up with a rope or tape my mouth shut. The room I find myself in was quite cold, with no windows or furniture. Only one bed that fits one person, a chair,  an empty bookshelf, and stairs leading up to a door in the right of the corner of the room. My kidnapper stands right in front of me, next to the chair in the middle of the room. 

Even with the poor lighting, I can see him. He's tall, maybe a 6'0.5''. A well-built man with blond hair, very thin eyebrows, and small brown eyes. He looks like he's in his late twenties or early thirties. Dressing in a black suit like some mafia guy. With a figure like that, who will dare to try a move like fighting back or running towards the stairs? He must be so confident I wouldn't dare to try anything in his presence.

Wait a minute... Am I getting kidnapped by The yakuza? Is this some sort of human traffic? Am I... going to die?!!

I quickly check my body if I can find any trace of physical abuse or an illegal surgery, luckily, I find nothing. I'm glad I'm still in one piece, with my clothes on...At least for now.

" You're quiet."

I looked at him directly in the eyes. If someone sees me in this situation, he will think I'm keeping my head cold. But in reality, I'm just so paralyzed by fear and uncertainty that I can't speak a word or move an inch. He suddenly approaches me. I move to the pillow behind me, trying to keep a distance between me and him. He sits in the corner of the bed while watching my slightest facial expression. 

" You must be nervous, " he says " don't be. "

" Why am I here? " I finally ask.

" Good question" he replies " but first, do you recognize me? "

I focus on his face again. It didn't take me much time before I remembered him.

" You're the professor's assistant. Last week, I attended one of your classes with my friend who studies psychology."

"Correct. And why you're here ?"

I don't want to give him the typical answer 'I don't know'  because somehow I'm sure he wants me to guess... Like if he's testing me or something. I hesitate before answering him: " If you're not a member of the yakuza, and you're not after my organs... maybe I'm here... to study me"

It happens in a flash of a second, but I'm sure I saw a smirk on his face. He gets up, he heads up to the chair and he crosses his leg while sitting in the chair. I remain in my little space like a scared rabbit watching every move he makes. He takes a voice recorder from his pants pocket and he holds it in my direction.

" Today is the 5th of Jun. 11:02 am. We'll start our first recording session by presenting ourselves. My name is Tetsuya, 28 years old. A professor's assistant in the psychology department of XX University.  Today I have with me a new subject for my research. A student in the business department. A 22 years old female with short black hair, round face, big brown eyes, white skin. a 5'3'' approximately. She's the second child. Her family consists of four members: a mother, a father, and an older sister. The subject's first name is ..." 

He's waiting for me to tell him my name. I'm sure he already knows it like he knows all those previous information. All I'm thinking about right now is to survive because I'm not sure why he's doing what he's doing right now. He's a stranger. A kidnapper. Maybe a psychopath killer. I don't want to end up dead in the garbage or buried alive in some forest. I have to cooperate. I must not lie. I don't know how long he plans to keep me locked up in here. I must tell the truth because... I  have to survive.

" Ayano...My name is Ayano "

My name is not Ayano. 

My name is Rei. 

Before playing his game, I need to test him first too.

To be continued...

Follow me @AuraSay99 if you want to read the latest chapters of "My name is not Ayano".

You can leave a comment and share with us your thoughts. I'll make sure to read them all.

Have a nice day! See you in the next chapter.