"It's okay! They're playing dirty. Eunwoo, try to keep the ball on you and attract them.", He nodded, understanding the assignment.

Our game plan changed a bit. We decided we would keep the ball longer and attract them to press us. Once they get close, we pass the ball, thus creating a big empty space to run into.

We scored another before half-time and I decided we would have the half time talk near the sidelines, not in the locker room. Mainly because I wanted to see just how demanding and fierce I can be.

"Good half! We're playing better than I expected. We've managed to block their star striker from scoring."

"But we need to step it up. Don't be complacent! Understood?"

"Yes Captain!"

We started the second half and it was clear our rivals wasn't giving up in playing dirty. They even tried to break one of our defender's leg! He only got a yellow too! It's only a matter of time until someone gets really injured!

I spoke too soon. In the 70th minute, we were still leading 2 to 1. In Yeop was on goal and I see a rival defender running towards him. My eyes widened as I knew what he was about to do.

"Hyung! Watch ou-", The defender slid on the ground, both studs up and towards In Yeop's ankle. Everything was in slow motion.

I swear I could see the exact moment his ankle was twisted and possibly broke. The crowd was stunned to silence. The only sound being gasps and the whistle as players from both sides rushed in. I was furious. I rushed to the culprit and grabbed his jersey collar.

"What the fuck was that for, you fucker?!", he just smirked and spit in my face. I revolted, pushing him away, wiping away the spit. At this point, I'm pretty sure my eyes screamed murder. I rushed to grab him again but not before he was punched and sent to the floor flying. My eyes went wide as I looked up to see Geonu?

"You fucking idiot! I didn't tell you guys to go into tackles like that!",he shouted at the culprit, his whole body shaking as he did.

He turned to me with a concerned look.

"Jake, you okay? Did he hit you?", He asked, holding my cheeks in his palms.

"Your teammate purposely did that, didn't he?! I'll fucking kill the fuc-", Geonu held me back.

"Relax! I'll deal with him. You can't afford to let the scouts see you beat up a rival like that. You're lucky you didn't hit him and I did.", I scoffed and smacked his hands away from my cheeks. He sighed as I rushed over to In Yeop who was groaning in pain. That was the thing about him, he was always the one to handle the pain and never show it but he was clearly in pain.

"Is he going to be okay?", I asked the medical staff. They examined his ankle as In Yeop hissed at every little movement he made.

"He needs an X-ray. Who's going to accompany him?", In Yeop parents didn't seem to come. He said they were busy.

There was a second of silence before someone spoke up.

"I will!", we all turned to the source being Jungwon.

"Are you related?", The staff asked as the others carried In Yeop onto the stretcher.

Jungwon looked down for a second before nodding. I furrowed my brows at him. He isn't going to do what I think he's doing, right?

"I'm his boyfriend. Is that good enough?", Everyone was taken aback. Especially our teammates.

The medical staff thought about it but decided it was fine and waved him over to follow them as they carried the stretcher to the ambulance van on the pitch.

I clenched my fist as I saw them go further and further away. I should known our rivals were dirty scumbags. What I didn't know was that Geonu was one too. He clearly told them to play dirty and he's acting like they went against him?

The game had to go on and we won the game 4 to 1. I scored two just to vent out my anger and hate for them. For what they did. I went straight to the locker room but Geonu held me back.

"Can we talk? I'm not sure we see the situation the same way.", I scoffed and shook off his hand.

"What else do I need to understand? You're their captain. You control them. You told them to play dirty.", Every sentence more emphasis than the last.

"But I didn't! I'm not that kind of captain or person! You know that, Jake! Why won't you believe me?", I want to believe him. We are best friends after all. I didn't want to lose him again just because I didn't believe him.

"I believe you. But you ought to keep your boys in check next time we play.", Geonu sighed in relief and nodded firmly.

"Depending on how bad his injury is, you'll also have to punish them accordingly. I don't want to hear you went easy on them."

"Thank you, Jake. I'll make sure to punish them. Don't worry about that."

I nodded and turned around to continue my walk to the locker room.

"Oh and, Jake?"

I turned around as Geonu rushed to me and extended his hand for me to shake.

"Good luck on the finals. I know you'll kill it.", he said with a soft smile.

I smirked and shook his hand.

"You damn right I will.", he laughed and nodded, walking away while waving back at me.

I watched on as he turned around the corner and disappeared. I sighed and rubbed my face, frustrated with whatever happened tonight. I really hope In Yeop's injury isn't major. He's our star striker and we depend on him a lot which was why I thought it was all a plot to injure our star striker so they could win the match but it backfired for them. A red card and out from the finals.