Chapter 5 : A Lovers' Spat

ابدأ من البداية

"What? Marry? Did I just hear marry?" Cabir asked.

"Yeah."

"Wow, tu shaadi ke liye tayyar hai?"

"Laga tha ki tayyar hu, par Nandini yaar!"

"Arre, sunn. Tu baat ka batangad bana raha hai. Just talk to her about this. Sab thik ho jaayega. Hear her out at least man."

"Whenever I look at her, I can't stop thinking about Madhyam talking to her, and them together."

"Aise kab tak chalega? Manik, grow up and deal with it. Tu agar usse bhagega toh kuch nahi hone wala. Aur haan, agar yeh saal main tune usse shaadi nahi ki, main uske liye kisi aur ko dhundlunga." Cabir said and got up.

-----

Mukti, with the help of Zubin, laid the dishes on the dining table. Mukti had covered the dishes with a silk cloth.

"Wow, looks special." Dhruv said.

Zubin snorted and Mukti elbowed him for that. Cabir, impatient and hungry, pulled the cloth away and everyone became silent...due to shock.

"Domino's Pizza. Tune bola tu bana rahi hai khan, tu udhar kaam karti hai kya?" Cabir asked.

Mukti groaned, she knew she would get trolled.

"I tried my best guys. This time, it was the oven!" Zubin said, trying to imitate Mukti.

"I hate you!" Mukti said.

Zubin high fived Cabir and everyone took slices for themselves. Alya and Dhruv reached for the same slice.

"You take it." Dhruv said, pushing it towards Alya.

"No, you take it na!" Alya insisted.

"No, you take it baba. It's okay." Dhruv continued insisting too.

"Arre, you take-"

"Enough you two!" Cabir said and snatched the slice, devouring it.

"Wow, what the hell?" Zubin said, surprised.

"Guys, let's eat!" Mukti said and they ate their extravagant, fancy dinner.

"Guys, iske baad hamare schedules pata nahi kab match honge. I also know it is a Monday night, y'all have work tomorrow, but all of us can take a break, right?" Cabir spoke.

"True. Cheers, guys." Manik said, in a slightly better mood.

Nandini looked at Manik, and this time he actually maintained eye contact. She must have apologized through her eyes a million times, for his eyes actually seemed soft.

After the dinner, Manik approached Mukti, who went to attend a phone call. After ending the call, she turned to find Manik staring at the wall.

"Are you okay?" Mukti asked.

"Huh? Yeah, I am fine. Umm...I am sorry." Manik said.

Mukti nodded and tried to leave but Manik stopped her.

"I really am. It has been a really shitty day. I know I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I am sorry."

Mukti smiled and kept her hand on his shoulder to assure him.

"It's fine yaar. Itna sorry mat bol. We have bad days."

"It has been an exceptionally bad one."

"And you know it will get better when you talk to Nandini. From what I saw, she probably effed up. And she looks sorry. Just talk to her." Mukti advised.