Chapter VII. - Something In The Woods

[Chapter VII. - Something In The Woods]

Anna searched her entire room over, dumping all the clothes on the floor and emptying all the drawers. Oh my god, where is it?!

Anna freaked out while she turned her whole room upside down, looking for her pink composition book. She could have sworn she took it home with her today, like any other day. That's when she face-palmed. The memory of tossing it onto the grass while muddy Bradley chased her repeated in her mind.

"Damn that Bradley!"

She heard thunder strike outside and knew it was too late to return for it. Even if she did get to the school at record speed, ten minutes, it would already be drenched and ruined. The words would be bleeding onto the grass. All those years filling it up... All wasted.

"Damn that Bradley again!"

Anna fell backward on her bed and groaned, shutting her eyes. The memory of him trying to kiss her flashed back into her mind. She groaned again, tossing onto the bed, covering her face with pillows, trying to expel every good thought of him from her mind. It was because of him that her book even got ruined to begin with. It was because of him that her life was going to tumble down like Jericho! So exhausted from the day, she fell asleep within seconds, half the cover sprawled on top of her, her legs dangling on the sides.

BEEP.

Anna woke up from the beeping of her pink cell phone. She groaned and rolled over on the side, pulling her cell from her shorts and checking it. There was a text alert from her friend Missy with an image attachment:

"ull nvr blv this"

Anna got up and went to her bathroom, lazily leaning against the sink while she downloaded the image attachment. Clicking the 'view' button, she almost choked on her own breath, instantly waking up from what she saw. She covered her mouth to keep from laughing then forgot she wasn't even at school yet.

She replied to Missy with text:

'thx. this is prfct. print 100 copies up. -xoxo A"

Anna got Missy's reply almost instantly.

'ok. cya'

With a twisted grin, Anna shut her cell and slipped it in her shorts pocket. She used the restroom and got dressed. After a few minutes of prepping her hair and lip-gloss, she looked over herself with satisfaction. She wore a long-sleeve black blouse with pink flower-print skirt around her waist, a black leather belt cinching her belly, and typical pink heels and black net hose. A new pair of hose of course, since her last ones had gotten totally ruined with mud! After that incident she couldn't even muster the courage to go to school. Had she really almost kissed him? No. He had almost kissed her! The nerve... she despised him. She despised the fact that she let him tickle her and tease her. She despised the fact that for just one moment she forget exactly how much she despised him... Enough to make him get close enough to make a move on her.

"Ugh!" She wanted him suspended from the academy and sent away. She wanted her glass barrier of popularity to remain intact, even if it meant dragging him down.

Avoiding Bradley was bad enough, but avoiding school because of him, even worse. Today, with that picture Missy sent her, she had just enough reason to return to school. Revenge was the only good reason she would return, anyhow. Finding a few bright red sharpie markers in her drawer, she stuffed them in her pink purse, ready to march onward.

~School Parking Lot~

"Anna!" Missy's voice was calm and cool, yet her eyes were exploding with excitement.