Chapter VI. - Cold Mud, Warm Heart

[Chapter VI. - Cold Mud, Warm Heart]

        Her behaviour is as cold mud, warm heart rarely rising to the surface.

        "Mud dumped on me.  Really?!"

        "You're so gullible.  If you weren't, this plan would never have worked." Anna was practically out of breath now, doubling over at her waist laughing it up.

        Meanwhile Bradley was drenched in ice cold mud, leaning his hair forward and shaking it wildly.  All scents of anything and everything was gone, covered by the smell of dirt and water.  His body was stiff, gooey, his clothes clinging to his body like glue elastic, a very nasty sensation.  However, he wondered if he should thank Anna for that, for dismissing any primal hunger that might have resurfaced.  Taking his palms which seemed to be the only thing clean, he wiped his eyes off to look up.  Missy was standing at the 3rd floor window with an empty bucket in hand, snickering at the scene below.  She disappeared back into the school, taking the bucket with her.

        Great.  He'd been bested by two mere human girls.  It amused him rather than angered or embarrassed him.  However.  Perfect poetic payback glimmered in his eyes.

        "Think you'll be wanting another hug?" Bradley asked very loudly with a sardonic grin.

        Anna shook her head in between laughs, suddenly growing defencive as she saw Bradley's slowly approaching body.  "Oh, no.  No you don't!" She started walking backwards, away from him.

        Apparently she'd underestimated him and forgot one simple fact while getting carried away in her own laughter.  Boys always outrun girls.  Especially vampire ones and especially human girls in bubblegum heels.

        Bradley was achingly slow at first, giving her a chance to turn those Bambi eyes around and run away from him, across the school yard.  He then took off running full blast behind her, human full blast, easily catching up to her.  When she glanced backwards it slowed her pace slightly and she squealed in alarm noticing how close behind he was.  Instead of being annoyed like she normally was, a sense of thrill and friendly fear washed over her.  She threw her book aside in panick, away from his muddy self, right in time for his gentle tackle.  He sent them tumbling onto the cold wet grass, his hands around her arms, covering her completely in mud as they rolled to a slow stop.

        She squealed loudly, the coldness and grimy feeling of the mud covering her entire body.  He held her down by his hands on her waist and shook his hair on top of her.  She turned her head to the side and closed her eyes, squealing even more as it splattered all over her face.  He couldn't help but laugh a bit himself, seeing her body now drenched in mud, mirroring himself.  Her pretty black dress smeared, dark hair caked in the gunk, skin plastered with dark mud freckles.  Best of all she wasn't even mad, she was smiling widely.  Her hands pressed against his chest as she tried to push him away but he only lingered over her more.

        "Well...? Aren't you gonna apologize?" He mocked her with her own words.

        "Drawing that card on me?  Nope."

        "Nope?  You sure 'bout that?"  His hands inched up her waist to her ribs and he started tickling her.

        She squealed and her arms shot up to his hands to block them.  "I'm sure."

        "Positive?" He tickled her more, easily pushing her arms aside with his strength.

        She squealed and giggled, trying to pry his fingers off her ribs and failing miserably.  "Okay, okay," she let out between giggling breaths.  "I surrender.  Now let me go."