12• The Cat's Meow

Start from the beginning

I kept my makeup simple yet dramatic, smoking my eyes black and paling my lips petal pink. All in all, the effect is stunning if I do say so myself. I'll even admit to scheduling things so I looked put together instead of pre-party when I finally swallowed my pride and met with the Faction leadership I've been avoiding. I didn't want to be caught in my skimpy nightwear again. I do have a reputation to uphold.

Finally gathering the courage, I look away from the darkening scenery outside the window and towards the five men I'll have to meet with like this frequently for the foreseeable future. Keeping my face vague and haughty, I make eye contact with each one individually from across the room.

Sitting in the two chairs by the fireplace are Dakota and Marc. Dakota gives me a tender smile when I look his way, emerald eyes glimmering with cunning knowing. He, like the others, is wearing a black suit meant for nights out. Apparently they found out about my plans for the night before take off and aren't going to idly sit by. An unfortunate turn of events, I think bitterly. I severely need a night to myself before shit hits the fan.

Marc smirks at me as soon as our eyes meet. Arctic blue clashing with mismatched colors of stunning brilliance. I turn my attention to the main sitting area. Though it is a closed off circle, the remaining three have made a point to sit where I can see their faces directly. Alone on the left side loveseat sits Axel. He's resting his cheek on the back of his hand, elbow on the armrest. That silken devil's hair falls around him beautifully as the corner of his lips pull up. His eyes simmer as they take me in unabashedly, smoldering tenfold by the time he gets back to my face.

I have to look away immediately, the hair on the back of my neck raising up with awareness. My eyes glance over at Sean, which happened to be a wise decision on my part. Seeing Sean pouting and glaring at me like a petulant child soothes all my nerves instantaneously. I find my lips pulling into a sly smile just as I lock eyes with Blackbourne.

My humor in the place of discomfort has an effect on him that I relish in. His blank expression corrodes into agitation and the scowl is simply to die for. I find myself chuckling lowly in response, sultry taunting words leaving my mouth before I can think twice, " I'm not bothering you, am I Blackbourne?"

A grunt like snarl gets caught in his throat and before I know it I'm grinning like I found the most tantalizing canary to snack on. Axel chuckles smokily, eyes never leaving my face. The stiff sits up even straighter, dove grey eyes glinting like gunmetal. It's a lovely frigid color. A damn shame it compliments such a shitty personality.
"If you're done with your games, Miss Sosa, I'd like to get down to business."

I slouch more comfortably in my seat, bringing the cigarette holder to my lips. I take a long slow drag while maintaining unblinking eye contact with him, letting his patience evaporate as I take my dear, sweet, time. His lower left eyelid is twitching by the time I get around to replying, Marc already vibrating with glee and humor from the little conversation had. They'll learn quick that I'm a shit diplomat as all learn. I have other talents that I utilize outside of boardrooms.
"Business is best played like a game, don't you agree, Sean?"

My eyes dart over to the blonde doctor who obviously still has hurt pride over the other night. His green eyes clash with mine, roaring with indigence. Snappishly, he bites out, " As a matter of fact - no!"

I chuckle airily, enjoying his response so much that all my venomous coils unravel. The tension leaves me at least and this no longer feels like an interrogation. I bat my eyes at him and smile silken-like, "I'm sorry I did that to you, Sean. Forgive me?"