"Especially me?" The tone of his voice sent a heat thumping deep within her.

"Mhmm, especially you," She repeated, pecking his lips, "You're my favorite part of this new, Arcus free life. She doesn't deserve a second of your time or kindness."

"Who said anything about me being kind? I did say I'd jinx her if need be."

"I know you'd be kind because," an interruption in the form of Cassandra pressing her lips to his, "you," another kiss, "George Weasley," a final one, nice and slow, "Are a good man."

His eyes were still closed. "Well one of us bloody twins has to be."

"Heard that!" Fred now knocked on George's bedroom, "You sods done snogging?"

George only groaned, hanging his head as Fred waltzed into the room. "Well one, I believe it quite rude to be deemed the malicious brother. Two, this conclusion may be right because if George didn't jinx this woman I would, but its just because I love you more than he does." Fred mockingly batted his eyelashes at Cassandra, holding his hands under his chin, pretending to be innocent.

"Oh bugger off! You, Fred Weasley, are most defiently not coming. I'm sure she remembers your flirtatious banter with Narissa Malfoy all night of that ball," Cassandra teased.

He acted upset, then shocked, then he smirked. "Say Georgie, you think I ought to send her an owl? I'm sure she must be rather miserable and lonely now...maybe I could give her some company."

"What about Mandi?"

Fred winked, turning to leave the room, "I'm quite sure Mandi would love to—"

"Alright, come off of it and go pester your own girlfriend for fucks sake!" George flicked his wand and the door slammed shut, forcing Fred out of the room.

George turned back to the woman he loved, "Where was I?" He cupped her face, "Just be you. If she doesn't love you for it, she's at a major loss."

Cassandra nodded, kissing him a final time before she was on her way.

________

Her mother was sitting outside the cafe, her leg bouncing nervously. In the chair beside was a bag from Madam Malkin's, clearly she had other plans besides seeing her estranged daughter today. It was almost enough to make Cassandra start turning around.

"Cassandra!" Her mother called, voice frantic. She stiffened, slowly turning around to stare her mother in the eye. Though in this moment she wasn't frowning, the evidence of her past indifference was there. Thick creases in the skin beside her mouth, ones that would only form from a lack of smiles.

"Thank you for meeting with me. You've— You've come alone...I was expecting the presence of a particular—"

"He isn't coming. Didn't feel welcome...heavens knows why," Cassandra shot back. She could tell her mother was having a hard time holding her tongue, desperately wanting to scold her for interrupting.

Instead, Eleanor collected herself, "Cassandra, If this boy makes you happy then I have come to the decision to support—"

"What? I don't understand."

"But I understand," Mrs. Arcus quickly interjected, as if the words were lodged deep down and finally breaking free. A dam had been broken and everything came rushing out of her mouth quickly as she continued, "I understand how you feel because I was once you, a long long time ago...This isn't the first time this family has made this mistake. When I was around your age, I loved someone I couldn't have too. But I was never as brave as you, so I pushed them away...then everyone away. I did as I was told and I've regretted it everyday since."