v. 𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡'𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧

Go to hell and rot in a hole, Gabriel.

"Madness is like gravity — all you need is a little push." - The Joker

— MARINETTE GROANED as she threw her head back

— MARINETTE GROANED as she threw her head back. They had been on this for hours and they still hadn't found out who Hawkmoth was.

"Why is Hawkmoth such a pain?" she moaned, smushing her face into her pillow.

Damian, her diligent boyfriend, continued to search for a match. His family had come up with the idea of using a voice match to find out who Hawkmoth was.

For the past 2 hours, the two of them had gone through almost every single man in Paris and they hadn't found an answer.

Which brings us to know.

Damian chuckled at his girlfriend. "Habibti-"

Whatever he was about to say got cut off by the beeping coming from the laptop.

Immediately, Marinette stood up and tumbled to exactly behind Damian's chair. "Ouch," her voice came out muffled.

"Are you okay, Habibti?" Damian asked her worriedly, examining her for any injuries.

Giggling sheepishly, Marinette nodded. "I'm fine, Dami. Just a few bruises – it's normal."

The laptop's insistent beeping cut off any response he might have had. "All right," he conceded, "Let's find out who Hawkmoth is."

Marinette felt her heartbeat quicken and she looked eagerly at the screen. "Gabriel Agreste?" Her voice grew higher and higher.

**

Tikki and Plagg were munching on their respective snacks (cookies and cheese) when they jumped at a high-pitched shriek.

"WHAT."

Immediately, the two of them phased through the wall.

**

"What's wrong?" asked Tikki frantically as she came through the ground beneath them.

Marinette opened her mouth to speak, on the verge of hysteria, but she was cut off when Damian covered her mouth with his hand. "We found out who Hawkmoth is," he said calmly.

Plagg and Tikki's eyes widened in shock. "Really?" Tikki breathed. "Who?"

Slightly calmer, Marinette said, "Gabriel Agreste."

They stared at her.

Surprisingly, the first person (kwami?) to respond was Plagg. "To be honest, I'm not really that shocked."

Damian looked at his kwami curiously. "What do you mean?"

Shrugging, Plagg lay down on her bed lazily. "The old man was never really sound in the head, in my opinion. According to Adrien," his face twisted when he mentioned his former holder's name, "He never was the same after Emilie's death."