ii. 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

Oh my god, my babies are so adorable!!

"Love doesn't make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile." - Franklin P. Jones

Marinette was getting ready for her date with Damian

She bit her lip nervously as she appraised herself in the mirror. She was wearing a white top with a belted skirt paired with black heels – not too high, mind you, she would trip and fall otherwise – and her hair was down.

"Do you think I look fine?" she asked Penny, who was sitting by her.

Penny smiled at her. "I think you look wonderful Marinette. And I also know the date is going to go swimmingly because you have put so much effort and time into it."

She had answered Marinette's next question before Marinette could even ask it.

Marinette nodded, slightly more reassured as she picked up her purse and checked the time.

She yelped when she realized she had only 20 minutes to get to the Manor. "Penny," she said frantically, "We have to go! We're going to be late and then everything will be ruine-"

"Marinette, calm down," said Penny, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, we aren't going to be late. Let's go."

**

18 minutes and 39 seconds later (Marinette had been counting each second), Marinette was waiting in the Wayne's living room with literally the entire Wayne family.

Needless to say, Marinette was panicking internally.

"So," said Jason, breaking the silence, "Where are you taking Demon-spawn Pixie?"

Marinette's lips tugged up as she remembered where they were going. "Can't say," she told Jason flippantly.

"Aw, why?" whined Dick.

She grinned cheekily. "Can't have you spying on us, can I now?"

The crestfallen looks on their faces (specifically Dick, Jason, Tim, Barbara and Stephanie) told Marinette her guess had been on the mark.

Stephanie opened her mouth to say something but before she could Damian came walking out.

Marinette had to remind herself how to breathe when she saw him. He was wearing a casual pair of jeans with a white shirt and black jacket on top of it.

It was simple, but it didn't make him look any less handsome.

"Will the two of you stop staring at each other?" said Stephanie, trying to hide her snickers.

Marinette immediately blushed at being caught. "I uh-" she stuttered.

Any excuse she would make up was cut off when Jason walked up to Damian and glared at him threateningly. "Now, Demon-spawn. Let me make one thing clear. Hurt my Pixie Pop and I'll make you regret it. Do you understand?"