"You want to become an intern?" Jungkook lifted his head to take a look at the lad.

"I was just casually asking." Taehyung reneged. Though in actuality, he had such a notion in his head from before, since the Jeon Group was a company many people wanted to get into, and he was no exception. But now, given his current relationship with Jungkook, he was a bit more hesitant, and with Jungkook's piercing manner of speaking, that man was sure to not let him off the hook so easily.

Sure enough, in the next split second he heard the sharp-tongued man speak, "Your mouth says no, but deep down you want it badly, don't you?"

"......" Taehyung silently looked at him, can those words even be used in such a way?

"I heard your company is quite strict and generally doesn't accept recent graduates," Taehyung mentioned.

"That could be possible." Jungkook's eyes stayed on the boy, just to see how he would react.

Taehyung looked at the man—face to face—for a few seconds, then lowered his head and continued eating.

Jungkook on the other hand, waited for the boy to plead his case. Growing frustrated, he lightly tapped his fingers against the table, "Do you still want to work here?"

"I do," Taehyung said sincerely.

"Huh?" Jungkook raised his chin.

"But the Jeon Group's threshold is too high, it'll be much better for me to learn at a smaller company," Taehyung explained.

Neither aiming from the left nor the right can be used to coax him, Kookie grumbled before continuing to eat his lunch.

Taehyung also lowered his head, smiling quietly, Not what you expected, was it.

"Yo! Kookie!"

The holler came from behind Taehyung, the word "Kookie", drawled out teasingly. The boy choked, reflexively raising his head to look at the man sitting across from him, just to see Jungkook's face darken as he glared past him.

Other than the time when he had visited Jungkook's family, this was his first time hearing someone call out to the man using, Kookie. Furthermore, to have even done so in such a public venue. This made him extremely curious as to who would be so brazen.

Yoongi walked over from behind Taehyung to pat Jungkook on his shoulder, "Just a couple days ago you were trying to drink away your sorrows, but today you're in the mood to dine and you didn't even call me! So much for the appreciation, huh!"

Jungkook's gaze flitted to the other fellow's hand, Yoongi then obediently released his hold, turning his attention towards Taehyung before he suddenly made the realisation, "Oh, you brought your kid out to have lunch, did you? Hello there, I'm Min Yoongi."

Taehyung, caught off guard by the sentence "brought your kid out to have lunch", upon noticing he was being greeted, stood up and nodded, "Hello, I'm Kim Taehyung."

"Oh~" Yoongi nodded, "I've heard so much about you."

"?" Taehyung did not understand, where would he have heard about him?

"Sit down and eat. You don't have to bother with him." Jungkook said to the standing lad.

"Yeah, that's right. Just take your seat and we'll all eat together." Yoongi, of his accord, pulled out a chair with the hope of taking a seat beside Taehyung.

"Where do you think you're sitting?" Jungkook asked gently, his eyes fiercely locked on the other man's hands.

The hand belonging to Yoongi currently pulling out the chair came to a halt. He then raised both hands in surrender and said, "Okay, alright, I'll just sit with you then." After saying so, he turned to make his way over to Jungkook's side of the table, with the intention of sitting beside him. Sadly, just as he made it, Jungkook grabbed the chair adjacent to him, pushing it away, clearly indicating to the other fellow he was not welcomed.