37- Return of The Smiling Titan, Part 1

Reiner was going to get away. They're were going succeed in their mission of taking Eren and leaving to wherever they were really from. As Reiner ran away from the forest, Commander Erwin saw him and came up with a plan.

"Let the Titans chase you! All squads follow my lead!" He shouted, raising his sword.

"Do what?! Erwin, you conniving bastard! You're using us as bait again?!" An MP shouted out as he tried to fight off a Titan.

Erwin looked back at the Titans who were now following the soldiers. "It's the only way! You fought well as MPs, now give your all as soldiers! The Armored Titan must be stopped before he takes Eren! Failure is not an option!"

Reiner continued to run as the scouts and Garrison lead by Hannes followed closely behind him. "He's not fast enough to escape! We'll catch up!" Jean said.

"This time, I won't hesitate. I'll kill them both. I swear! And if Ymir gets in my way, she's asking for it too. No matter what it takes...I will!" Mikasa said through gritted teeth. There was a fearsome determination in what she was saying. So much so that even Armin and Y/n were frightened of her in that moment.

On top of Reiner, Ymir had just pulled Historia out of her mouth. She was covered in spit from Ymir's Titan and she even coughed up some when she started to wake up, startling Bertoldt as she struggled to catch her breath.

"Christa!" He said, looking back at her.

Historia took a few deep breaths before she realized she was staring at Ymir's Titan form. "Ymir." She said. Steam came out of Ymir's Titan as Ymir emerged from it covered in the muscles that attached her to the body. "Ymir!" Historia said again as she saw her emerging from the Titan, coughing up her own spit.

"Chris-. No...Historia...sorry...for eating you...like that...you're...probably pissed..." Ymir said in between coughs as she gasped for air.

"Ymir, what is this? What are you doing? We came here to rescue your and Eren!" Historia pleaded.

"I don't need rescuing!" Ymir shouted causing Historia's breath to hitch. "Just stay right there. I'm following Reiner and Bertoldt now. You too. Come with me. There's no future within the walls! Listen to me, Historia. Outside the walls isn't as bad as you think. Especially because there won't be anyone saying that you're better off not being born."

"Yeah I don't think Titans would say much either way! They'd be too busy trying to devour me!" Historia shouted back at her.

"We've all got flaws! They're not so bad if you just give 'em a break! It's complicated alright?! Get off your high horse!" Ymir shouted to her.

"Ymir, I don't know what's going on in your mind, but you're not making any sense! C'mon! What did Reiner and Bertoldt say? You're doing this against your will they threatened you!" Historia shouted.

A silence fell among the group of runaways. "It's the opposite, actually." Bertoldt said.

"I'm right aren't I?! Let go! Whatever they got on you I don't care! We can fight them! Put the past behind you! What matters is right now! I'm here! I will always be your ally!" Historia shouted.

Ymir stared at her, doing her best to hold back tears. "Ymir! Look. The scouts have already gotten this close. If only we had run right away we probably would've been able to escape. But because you forced us to bring Christa at this rate, they'll catch us! Hey, Ymir, are you telling us we did all of that for nothing? Did you change your mind? Is that really what you want? Letting Christa rot within the walls? Don't be stupid! Ymir!" Bertoldt said.

"Ymir! Hurry up and let me go!" Historia begged.

"I can't!" Ymir shouted, causing Historia to let out a gasp. "Historia, to be honest, the reason I snatched you away...was only...to save myself." Ymir said.