chapter fifteen: "I want to"

Start from the beginning

"You let me worry about your father, get the dress honey. And some super cute shoes to go with it! You should do a black heel with an ankle wrap to showcase the slit." She says excitedly.

"Thanks mom, you're the best. Gotta go, love you!"

"Love you too baby! See you beautiful ladies tomorrow."

Once I hang up with Mom, I change out of the dress and exit the change room.

"Sooo, what'd they say?" Bella asks.

"Mom said to get it, and get some new shoes too" I laugh.

"And this is why we love moms" Chloe giggles.

"Hey, having two dads is great because neither of them tries to say no to fashion" Nat argues.

We found out recently that Nat was adopted when she was a baby by her two dads, Mark and Louis. From what we've heard, they are the best parents. Mark is a doctor and Louis runs a modeling agency in NYC. Safe to say, Nat's parents are doing alright. Hence the $600 dress she has on hold at the other store.

We all laugh as we take the two dresses up to the counter. Bella found a dark yellow dress that accents her bright red hair perfectly. Nat has a black form fitting dress that has pearl accents. Lastly, Chloe found a satin royal blue dress that makes her look like royalty. Between the four of us, and the four boys coming with us, we are sure to be the hottest table at the banquet.

After dress shopping, we go shoe shopping which takes another 4 hours. If you're ever thinking about shopping for 4 girls all at the same time, don't. Just don't.

At 4pm, we make it back to the boy's house. Since our dorms are small, the boys 'offered' to let us use their house to store the dresses and get ready at in the morning. By offered, I mean Nat told them and none of them argued.

We all climb out of Seth's truck, dresses and shoes in hand and carry them into the house. The four boys hurry off the couch to help us with our things and its almost comical. The playboy boys of the campus are helping four freshman girls carry their dresses for a banquet. How domesticated.

Once they take the dresses and hang them on the coat hooks, Noah comes and sweeps me into a hug.

He buries his head into my neck and takes a deep breath in, "I've missed you."

"You saw me this morning when we picked up the truck, dummy."

"Too long. You're just so beautiful."

I pull back with narrowed eyes, "you're buttering me up. You want me to cook don't you?"

He smiles and gives me his best puppy dog eyes. I look behind him to see the other boys doing the same thing.

I sigh and shake my head as I walk to the kitchen.

Look in the fridge and cabinets, which are stocked as always, I decide on chicken alfredo.

I make the chicken, noodles, sauce, and garlic bread. The girls, mainly Chloe, tried to help but after she almost burnt the bread, I shooed all of them out.

"Alright, everyone, come eat" I yell into the living room.

Like a bunch of day-care kids running to recess, they all come bounding into the kitchen and sit at the long island. Since chairs go along the sides too, the island can comfortably sit 10 people.

Everyone makes their plates and gets drinks from the fridge before sitting down again.

"What time do we have to be there tomorrow night?" Bella asks out loud.