Under Mountain Under Stone

The royals of Greenwood stood along the front lines as dwarves passed them. Finally, Bilbo and the company walked by, and Ellie joined the procession. They paid respects to the fallen King and prince as they lay on the stone table. Ellie walked around Bilbo as he stopped at Thorin, and faltered next to Fili. She stifled a sob and gave Fili his first and last kiss before she forced herself to move on.

Finally, Balin came in with Kili. The prince that had once been the life of the party stoically walked into the dungeon, barely aware of his own footsteps.

"Mm hmm hmmm..." Ellie unconsciously hummed as Kili walked by her. "Hm misty mountains cold..."

"Too dungeons deep," Bilbo choked as he stood near, "and caverns old."

Dwarf by dwarf the song caught on fire until the whole cavern was singing. Kili reached his family and there was a deafening pause, too much sorrow for anyone to continue. Thranduil slid his arm around his wife and gave a nod. In a second the elvish band had picked up the tune, and it played as Kili went to take his place.

The king has come unto his own
Under mountain, under stone.
Send him now into the deep,
Unto earth, eternal sleep.
Under mountain, under stone,
Through all lands let it be known:

The king is dead,
Long live the king.

Balin laid the dead to rest, and announced Kili as king. Dwarves raised their swords to pledge allegiance to the new king, and Ellie and Bilbo shouted in support of their friend.

After the wake, there was a feast for the dwarves and all their new friends. Recently crowned King Bard was also in attendance with his family. As Ellie and Thranduil enjoyed, their son was in a restless mood.

"Anything the matter, my little leaf?" Eluriel finally spoke to Legolas, his father coming behind.

"I can not go back." Legolas announced his firm decision to his recently returned mother, expecting her to be upset.

Surprisingly, the queen knowingly smiled and stood in her husband's arms. "No, you can't."

"You-you're not upset?" Legolas asked, shocked.

Thranduil laughed. "Of course not. You're our son. The world awaits you."

Finally, the prince smiled. "Are you sure? You only just returned and..."

"Leggy!" Ellie stepped up to her son, caressing his face. "I'll always be here. We'll be with you wherever you go. Now go, have your adventure."

Legolas kissed his mother and nodded to his father, almost racing out the mountain before he stopped to bow to the new dwarf king.

"Your Highness," Queen Eluriel curtseyed to King Kili.

"Please. There's only a few who still call me Kili. I'd like us to still be friends as before."

"Always."

"I have something for you." Kili waved his hand and Ori came forward with a package. Kili took it and handed it to Ellie. "It was his gift to you. And... with a little something from me."

Eluriel took the parcel and undid it, revealing the grey riding cloak Fili had given her. It had been cleaned, and embellished with new jewels and stones along the collar.

"Thank you," Ellie nodded in gratitude.

"And... I believe we have something of yours," Kili finally addressed Thranduil and Bombur came forth with a giant chest.

Thranduil was shocked as he stepped forward and opened it, revealing the white gems that had caused the rift between the two races.

"They'll look lovely on her," Kili smiled between the two of them. "And there will be more. All will be as it was before, if not better."

King Thranduil bowed to Kili with a hand on his heart. "You will have our alliance. There will be no more ill will between my people and yours."

"I'm grateful for your allegiance, king Thranduil," Kili returned the bow. "But I wish to have your blessing."

Thranduil raised his brow, curious. "What for?"

"For Tauriel's hand... in marriage," he said nervously, looking away. Ellie and Thranduil shared a look and giggled at the blushing dwarf king.

"If Tauriel accepts, you'll have it. A marriage between dwarf and elf will surely secure our ties."

Ellie twitched at her husband's words while Kili was excited. He thanked them and bid them goodbye as he went to tend to others. Thranduil turned to his wife and noticed her distressed, fiddling with her cape.

"You miss him," Thranduil stated as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You think ill of me?" Ellie asked, sounding wounded.

"We do not choose who we get to love. Fili loved Elle, and returned my Eluriel to me," he kissed the side of her head. "I'll forever be in his debt."

Eluriel couldn't look away. "I love you, Thranduil."

Thranduil smiled. "And I love you, Eluriel. And our song will live on, forever."