Book Two: biggest surprise of all

Start from the beginning

   "It reminds me of my sister. She wanted a baby girl, the doctor told her it was a girl. You see, we are four boys and she the only girl, so she wanted females. ‘I've spent my whole life with boys, I don't need any more’ she said, but at the end, she didn't just get a boy, she got triple of them." He said between his laugh.

   "That must have been..."

   "A bummer? It was. She was so pissed and confuse she cried her eyes out for days. What can she do but to accept it the way she sees it?"

   "Exactly!"

   "So, are yours boys too?" He wiggled a teasing brow at me. Boys are troublesome.

   "Both, three boys and two girls, but they are darlings actually. The only problem with them is how much they eat," I complained, "but they are good,"

   "Are anyone of them sick?" I asked.

   "Excuse me?"

   "Well, when the children are more than three, sometimes, one tend to fall ill." I sighed and fell my face on the counter, letting a whimper leave my lips.

   "Two, and they are going to die if I don't get the money, I don't know what to do,"

Don't cry, don't cry...

   "Maybe I can help," I raised my head as I let out a sardonic laugh.

   "Brother, the amount needed for their treatment isn't something you can just ‘give’ for free or give at all. Darling, we are talking about millions,"

   "Not me. My friend–a very good friend of my mother actually–is hosting something that deals with triplets and more life support. She was born sextuplets but they all died, leaving just her. So now she plans to start a..."

   "For free?"

   "Yes, but she'll need lots of donators and how best to do it than have the cutest of children for the advert. She needs a ad video and wants willing volunteer. Before the government approve of her work, she must start little and work with a particular set of children. If her new medical system works well to keep the children alive, then it would become fully operational and even adults can come..."

   "Wait, I don't understand, if her new medical..."

   "She's a scientist, created a formula that just might strengthen your kid's immune system," I frowned at him.

   "So, use my kids as lab rat then,"

   "No, the formula have been tested and it works, but the government don't trust it yet, not when it was only tested on triplets, once... Look, I can tell you don't trust me, but..."

   "I know what is wrong with my children, I know how to cure it but what I need is money, not an uncertain experiment." He could be lying, they might not have even tried the formula yet. I wasn't going to endanger my children's life.

   "Okay, okay, that slash. What about this," he leaned closer to the counter, "you are a beautiful woman, a very capable woman and if you can bear five children, you are perfect for what I want. I'm like an agent for my boss, a really wealthy man that needs someone to carry his child. If you agree, he will pay you any amount of your choice, in exchange for carrying his..."

   "Why not ask someone else?"

   "He has tried, multiple times. So his doctor told him to get a very fertile woman and what other woman scream that but you? I know, I know, it doesn't seem real at all or even reasonable, but he is desperate."

Carry a stranger's baby for money?

   "Surely there are wealthy girls he'd..."

   "He needs someone who would willingly forget the child or children after their birth," in other words, someone he can easily win with a lawsuit or get rid of if she proves to be a problem.