"Speaking of time," said Shayera, "where's Paradox? I haven't seen him since we got here."

"Apologies, my dear," Paradox said from behind them, causing them to jump, "I was busy gathering some help."

"Only a time-traveler would find himself late," a new voice grumbled from behind him, "I don't know why I even associate with you."

From behind Paradox strode two people. One looked like a human girl, with long, blond hair, green eyes, and a white jumpsuit; she also carried a large, gray case. The other being was a Galvan, just like Grey Matter, but appeared much older; he had several antennae on his face that drooped down, similar to whiskers.

"Now then," the Galvan said, "where is Ben Tennyson?"

"Who are you?" asked Batman.

"I am First Thinker Azmuth, of the Galvan, creator of the Omnitrix," the Galvan, Azmuth, said with a touch of pride, "and I hear that Ben Tennyson has gotten himself into trouble again,"

"In trouble!?" Supergirl echoed, "He's dying!"

"Ben's… dying?" the blond girl turned to Paradox. "You only said he was hurt!"

"He is in critical condition," Paradox clarified, "but it is unlikely that he will die; not with the level of care that he is currently receiving."

Azmuth sighed. "Still, I'd better get in there, before those idiot doctors do inadvertent harm. Take us to him, Paradox; come along, Unitrix, and be careful with my tools."

"Can't you ever just call me Eunice?" the girl asked crossly.

"No." Azmuth replied abruptly.

Paradox chuckled, then placed Azmuth on his shoulder; then he, Azmuth and Eunice disappeared, presumably to the hospital section of the base.

"How is he so calm?" Shayera demanded.

"He is a time traveler," J'onn guessed, "It would stand to reason that he has knowledge of everything that is to come."

"You would be correct, J'onn." The others turned to see Paradox behind them yet again.

"What the…?" Flash turned to where Paradox had been to where he was now. "But… you just left!"

"Time travel, Flash," Superman explained, "he can go right back to the second he left."

"Paradox," Green Lantern said, "what happens now?" Paradox's smile vanished, his face growing serious.

"Now," the time-walker answered, "we prepare for war."

"Well, if we're going to fight a war," said Superman, "we'll need an army."

Paradox's smile returned. "Not to worry; reinforcements are waiting outside."

Confused, the Leaguers followed the time-walker outside the base, where they found the rest of the Justice League waiting. Green Arrow gave them a lazy salute.

"So," he said, "what's this about an alien invasion?"