He looked at me with tear filled eyes. "I need you to kill me." "What!"

He shoulders sagged with what looked like defeat. "This is not ideal but it is the only option I have, no matter if you win or loose today, I will end up dying." I cut him off "No, I can get you out of here. I can help you."

"You already did. The menagerie." I remembered what he was talking about, it was a Russian pleasure house, that had boys and girls of all ages working for them, in pathetic conditions, when I had gotten wind of it, I was so repulsed that I had to do something.

Me and Eren had stormed that place, gotten the slaves out before we burned that place to the ground. "From the people you had gotten out of that place one was my wife, unfortunately Sokolov had found me out with her, and threatened me with the death of my wife and son. But I would give myself up again a thousand times if it meant I could save my family."

"So I will find a way to get you back to your family. Dying is not the only solution." He shook his head again. "No you need to listen to me. Even if he dies today, my family will never be safe as long as I'm alive, they will keep coming after her. I already arranged for her to disappear off the grid, she would be able to start a new life with our son, give him the life he deserves so please just kill and rid me of the pain of seeing my family get hurt."

The doctor was on his knees on front of me, hands together as he begged me to kill him. The sting of tears at the back of my eyes made me blink to get rid of them. I clocked the gun as I aimed it at his head. "I don't even know your name." My voice wavering. He looked at me smiling. "It's alright, just think of me as one of the countless people you have saved."

He then closed his eyes lowering his head. He knew I wouldn't be able to go through with it if he was looking at me. I closed my eyes as well, a single tear rolling down my cheek. And I pulled the trigger, a thud sounded across the room. When I opened my eyes I saw him on his side, a trail of blood flowed from the bullet hole in his forehead.

I didn't have the time to mourn him, as not even a second later the door opened again. I turned sharply, my gun aimed at whoever entered next. In came Sokolov and Rosa, Sokolov had a similar gun in his hands while Rosa stood behind him weaponless which in my opinion was the stupidest thing ever.

"You killed my doctor."

"Yes."

"I am going to kill you."

"I don't doubt it."

"Any last words." This time it was Rosa who spoke, her voice calm like she knew how this would all pan out. Like she has predicted every possible outcome.

I didn't even think too much about it but my mind went straight to my mother. How everything, all of this started with the one decision she decided to make. I also remembered something else I learned a long time ago and I now knew how this was going to end.

With my gun trained at Sokolov's head and his at mine I spoke calmly. "I had learned very young that Everyone creates something they fear and my mother, well she hated the things she couldn't predict. She hated anything she couldn't control."

So I guess my last words"

I clocked my gun so did Sokolov.

"Are.... Fuck you."

I tilted to the right and pulled the trigger.

Marco's POV

We had reconvened in the main hall, the area was cleared out. Not one Russian in sight, we had captured many others were killed. My brothers Ace, Eren and their teams were surrounding us. A few of them were still looking through the rooms, we hadn't yet found Kate or the Russian leader.

"Everyone here?" Xavier asked, all of us were covered in blood, a chorus of yeses rung out through the area. Before more of the plan could be discussed two gunshots were heard simultaneously.

We knew it had to have something to do with Kate, there was no doubt, all of us ran towards the east part of the building where the noise seemed to be coming from. Door after door was broken until we reached the correct one.

The first things that caught my eye was Sokolov on his knees bawling his eyes out, beside him was Zia Rosa, her body lay completely still, blood seeped from the left part of her chest, her vacant eyes a clear indicator.

She was dead.

Good after what she did to our family she deserved to die. The sound of Sophia's pained shout brought my attention from the sight in front of me to another body that lay in the room.

There she was, on her back, gun still lossless clutched in her right hand, her expression was so peaceful, her closed as if she was asleep, the barest hint of a smile on her lips as of she was having a good dream, but she wasn't asleep, the blood pooling around her left side was sickening.

We had found her, we were there but we were still late.

————————————————————————

Helloooo!

Oh my god! This one was intense😮😮😮

Please me if you guys liked it?!? I would love to hear what you thought

The end is near I'm hoping you guys like how I'm ending this story!

IMPORTANT- My exams are starting and I will try to find time to write but I might be a little late with the updates! Sorry🥺🥺

Anyway....

Chapters left- 2+ epilogue

Love you all!💕💕✨✨