At this moment, Jungkook's heart finally settled. He reached over to the cabinet, putting the used cup aside then once again pulled out a couple of paper towels, assisting Taehyung by dabbing away the sweat which formed on his ears and neck.

Feeling how tenderly the perspiration from his face was being wiped away by the man's hand was incredibly hard for him to believe. He was so astounded that he had not even realised, presently on his face, was the first smile he had directed towards Jungkook since they became acquainted with one another.

He then, to the silent man before his eyes, said, "I feel much better now, thank you."

When the wordless man's gaze finally caught sight of that smile, that hand of his occupied with cleaning away those wet droplets came to a very sudden halt. The used tissue he held was tossed into the trash bin beside his feet, after which he then reached for the blanket read over the boy, pulled it up, simply replying, "Why are you always talking so of much nonsense? I'm heading out to go get our medicine, so behave yourself and don't move. If you need anything, just press the buzzer next to you." With that statement, he didn't wait for Taehyung's reply, just doing an about-turn then left the ward.

Taehyung stared on at the withdrawing figure, not exactly understanding the reason behind it, before a sudden soft laugh escaped him.

Thankfully, the pharmacy was not that far away from the hospital, it was located just right next door, therefore Jungkook got back to the room very quickly. Upon his return he immediately lowered his hand, resting it on Taehyung's forehead to check his temperature, noticing it was no longer as scalding hot as it was before as well as his once tightly crinkled face seeming slightly more at ease. Seeing this, he gave the younger man some water, then got him to swallow the medicine.

Noticing taehyung staring at him, he asked, "Do you still want to vomit?" To which the boy replied by simply shaking his head in denial.

Jungkook nodded before reaching to pull up the blanket again. This time even the hand attached to the IV drip was covered, "Then just go to sleep."

"What about you?", Taehyung asked.

Jungkook, with a twinge of impatience responded, "Listen you, just lie down and get some sleep. Since when do kids talk so much? I'm not going anywhere. I'll just stay here to wipe your sweat and give you water."

Taehyung, "......"

Recalling how he was just a while ago throwing up in the waste basket, Taehyung's face was suddenly overtaken with a splash of red. He shrunk under the cover of the blanket, stopping when the comforter was at his chin. Softly, he hummed in agreement to the man's request then proceeded to close his eyes.

Having tossed and turned until midnight, Taehyung was indeed quite tired and very sleepy. It was not easy for him to get comfortable but once he did, he nodded off to sleep quite quickly.

Just as he said, Jungkook did not go anywhere. He simply sat on the chair beside the boy's bed keeping close watch. Taehyung still had two more bags of IV left, so he needed to observe them and be ready to call in a nurse to switch them once one was finished.

"Buzz——"

His cellphone vibrated in his pocket suddenly. Displayed on its screen was a new message. Currently, it was the wee hours of the morning, almost two o'clock. Jungkook wondered who would possibly be sending a message that late, as he unlocked the screen to see the following two words: "Taehyung".

[[Today I'll be going to a group dinner with some classmates so I can't make it back in time for dinner since I'll probably return a bit late. There are still leftovers from lunch in the fridge, you can just reheat it to eat ]]