Chapter 18

Evil Branch stared at the group of trolls, frightened as they all stood their, glaring at him angrily.

     "Umm... I... uh..." evil Branch stuttered, backing away slowly.

     Suddenly, something grabbed him from behind, covering his mouth so he couldn't scream.

     He was pulled down to the ground, and all tied up in a matter of seconds, a piece of duct tape being slapped over his mouth.

     "Mmmm!" he mumbled, trying to break free of the ropes.

     "Gumdrop? Rainbow?" Chief Nightengail said, shocked to see her children there.
"Sorry... we followed you again," Rainbow said.
"Are we in trouble, Chief?" Gumdrop asked, looking up at her guiltily.

     To their surprise, Chief Nightengail ran over to her kids, wrapping them in a tight hug.

     "No," she said lovingly. "I am so proud of you. And please... forget what I said before. Call me mom."

     Rainbow and Gumdrop smiled with overwhelming joy, hugging their mother back.

     "We love you, mom," they both said simultaneously.
"I love you too," Chief Nightengail responded softly.

     Poppy smiled, as she watched the family show their love for one another, but she couldn't help but wonder... what made everyone come back?

     "What did you do, Branch?" she finally asked. "How did you get everyone back?" She looked over, but was shocked to see Branch wasn't standing next to her. "Branch?"

     She looked around, not seeing him anywhere.

     "Branch!?" she cried out in complete panic. "Where are you!?"

Everyone heard Poppy's shout, beginning to search the area for Branch.

     "Poppy!" Dj suddenly shouted. "I found him!"

The queen of trolls gasped at her friends words, a massive smile breaking out on her face, as she ran towards the shout. Branch was ok! He was...

     She ran towards Dj, her smile quickly fading, as she gasped softly.

"No..." she whispered. "N... no... Branch!"

Quickly, she ran towards the unconscious blue troll who was laying motionless on the ground.

Next to him was the large glitter tank, which had shattered in the explosion, several shards of glass laying on top of Branch.

     "Branch?" Poppy whispered, gently brushing the broken glass off of his body before lifting him into her lap, as she sat down on the ground next to him. "Branch? Are you ok?"

But he didn't respond. He didn't open his eyes. He didn't move.

     "Please, Branch," she whimpered. "Wake up."

     Everyone gathered around the two of them to see what was happening, gasping when they saw Branch laying motionless in Poppy's arms.

"Oh no..." Chief Nightengail gasped softly, holding both of her children in her arms.

     Poppy combed her fingers gently through Branch hair, as tears fell out of her eyes, dropping down onto his blue skin.

     "Come on, Branch," she whispered. "Just wake up."

     Slowly, Branch's eyes fluttered open, as he began to cough slightly.

     "Branch!" Poppy yelled with joy, hugging him tight.

     "P... Poppy?" he said, looking up at her confused. "What happened?" He noticed the tear stains on her cheeks, looking at her sadly. "Why are you crying?" he asked, concerned about his best friend.

     "It doesn't matter," Poppy said, wiping away her tears. "You're ok. That is all that matters."

     She hugged him one last time, before helping him up to his feet.

     "Let me go!" evil Branch suddenly yelled out, having just gotten the duct tape off of his mouth, though he was still trapped in the ropes. "Let me go!"

     Everyone looked over at him, rolling their eyes.

     "What are we going to do with him?" Branch asked.
"Oh..." Chief Nightengail said with a smirk, rubbing her hands together mischievously. "I've got a plan for him..."

     Evil Branch gulped, as he looked at Nightengail in fear.

     "No..." he whispered, squirming in his ropes. "No!"

THE END

By: Taylor Moore