Chapter 10

The group of trolls all walked through the forest, finally coming upon a small cave placed in the side of a large mountain.

"Um... guys..." Branch said softly, stopping once he saw the dark, and spooky cave. They all turned to look at him, seeing how scared he was.

"This time I'm not trying to kill you," Chief Nightengail assured.
"That's reassuring," Branch said sarcastically, with a slight eye roll.
"Come on. It's perfectly safe."

The trolls all started walking towards the cave again, but Branch stayed behind, looking away, as he fiddled nervously with his fingers.

Poppy looked back, noticing Branch staying behind, her heart aching, seeing her friend so scared. She had to help him feel better.

     She walked over to him slowly, and he looked up at her, meeting her gaze.

"It'll be ok," she said softly. "I won't let anything happen to you." She held out her hand to him, and he smiled, gently grabbing onto it.

"Great!" Poppy said, excitedly. "Let's go!" She ran off, pulling Branch with her, his smile immediately turning into a frown.

They walked up to the cave and then stopped, cocking their heads in confusion. To the snack pack's surprise, the cave entrance was covered up by a metal door with no handle.

"How... how do we get in?" Branch asked, still a little nervous.
"There is only one way in," Chief Nightengail replied dramatically.

She walked over to a patch of moss, moving it aside to reveal a hidden key pad. She typed something in, walking back to the trolls, immediately after.

"So..." Branch said, looking around, as nothing happened. "What are we supposed to..."

Suddenly, the ground opened up under their feet, causing them to fall into the earth.

"AHHHHH!" they all screamed.

Finally, they landed in a mine cart, Poppy immediately smiling when she realized what was happening.

Chief Nightengail pulled a lever, and the cart began rolling down the rollercoaster-like track, quickly gaining speed.

"Woooohoooo!" everyone cheered with joy, their hands up in the air, but not Branch. He clung to the side of the mine cart for dear life, screaming his head off. "AHHHHH!"

The mine cart shot upwards, suddenly flying right off the track.

"We're all gonna die!" Branch shouted in fear, closing his eyes tight, as everyone else cheered, having a blast.

They did little corkscrew flips, finally landing back on the ground safely, before stopping.

Branch, breathing heavily, slowly opened his eyes, his mouth dropping at what he saw.

"We're back where we started!" he shouted in disbelief. "What was the point of that!?"
"Cuz it's fun!" everyone shouted in reply.
"Ugh," he groaned, leaning over the edge of the mine cart, feeling a little queasy.

     The door of the cave slid open, the mine cart slowly rolling inside.

     It stopped inside the cave, everyone getting out, except Branch.

     "I... I think I'm just gonna stay in here for a bit..." Branch said, leaning over the side of the cart, feeling as if he was going to puke.

     "You might not want to do that," Chief Nightengail said.
"Why?" Branch asked nervously.

     Suddenly, before anything else could be said, the floor dropped out from underneath him.

His eyes widened, looking down in fear.

"Oh no..." he mumbled, right before the mine cart started to fall down the deep hole. "Not agaaaaaaain!" he shouted, his voice getting farther and farther away.

     "He'll be fine," Chief Nightengail shrugged, turning to look at the wall.

     "Wow!" Poppy said in amazement. "It's like a giant scrapbook. But like... on a wall instead of in a book! Mind blown!" She used her hair to mimic an explosion, as she stared at the wall, smiling.

     "These are ancient cave drawings," Chief Nightengail informed. "Our ancestors drew them, when first arriving at troll meadow. It is said, they drew them to predict the future."

     "Wow," everyone said at once, getting a little closer to the wall.
"I had a scrapbook like that once," Poppy said, smiling. "It did not work out too well..." she finished, her smile fading, as she thought about the disasters the book had caused.

     Nightengail looked at her for a moment, before turning her attention back to the cave drawing, continuing to speak.

     "It says that one day, all the glitter in the world will vanish," she informed. "Not just the glitter, but anything glitter touches. My staff was covered in glitter, so it vanished along with it." Everyone gasped at the explanation.

     "Wait..." Guy said, realizing something. "Everything glitter touches?" He looked down at his glittery body, his eyes widening in terror.

     "AHHHHH!" he screamed out in auto tune, running around in circles, with his hands flapping up in the air. "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die! I'm gonna... wait..." He stopped running, looking down at himself again. "I'm still here..." He smiled, whipping his hair back a bit. "I guess I'm just to perfect to..." 'Poof!' He suddenly vanished.

     "Guy!" the snack pack screamed in horror.
"Where did he go!?" Poppy asked, concerned for her friend.
"Nobody knows," Chief Nightengail said dramatically. "The drawings just say that things covered in glitter will vanish, and never come back."
"What! He can't just be gone!?" Dj yelled.
"There's gotta be a way to save him!" Poppy continued.

     Chief Nightengail looked back at the wall, reading through it carefully.

     "Ugh-Hugh!" she shouted victoriously. "There is a way! This all is happening, because someone casted a spell."
"A spell?" Poppy repeated, confused.

     "If we can find whoever did it, and reverse the spell, all the glitter will come back," Chief Nightengail explained.

     "Great!" Poppy yelled, smiling wide. "So we just need to find whoever did this, and convince them to undo it! Does the cave scrapbook say where this person is?"
"Actually it does," Nightengail said. "There's a map."
"How convenient," Biggie shrugged, hugging Mr. Dinkles.
"Mew," Mr. Dinkles said. Biggie gasped.
"Really, Mr. Dinkles!? What has gotten into you!?"

     Poppy took scrapbooking supplies out of her hair, recreating the map in a mater of seconds.

     "Ok. Got it," she said, smiling joyfully. "Let's go guys!"

     They ran out of the cave, Poppy suddenly stopping, as she looked around.

     "Wait..." she said. "Where's Branch?"
"AHHHHH!" they suddenly heard, from above them, the sound getting closer and closer to them.

     "What the..." Smidge stared, everyone looking up in confusion, their eyes suddenly widening in terror.

     "Move!" Poppy yelled, everyone quickly jumping out of the way, as the mine cart slammed into the ground, tipping over, and causing Branch to tumble out.

     "Branch!" Poppy yelled, quickly running over to help him up.

     "Never... again..." Branch panted, as he lay on his stomach.

     Poppy, grabbed onto his arms, gently pulling him up to his feet.

     "Are you ok, Branch?" Poppy asked, concerned for her friend.
"Yeah..." he answered. "I'm fine."

     He looked at the group of trolls, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

     "Hey..." he said, confused. "Where's Guy?"