Chapter 5

"AHHHHH!" the group screamed out in terror, the bus plummeting quickly towards the ground. "Brace yourselves!" Branch yelled.

     They all quickly grabbed onto each other, holding on tight, as the bus hit the ground hard, flipping over and causing everyone to fall onto the ceiling.

"Ugh..." they all groaned, slowly sitting up, as they rubbed their heads.

     "Is everyone ok?" Branch finally asked, as he looked around at everyone.
"Yeah..." everyone responded, nodding their heads slightly, still a little dizzy from the crash.

     "Uh... guys..." Biggie said slowly. "I don't think Cloud Guy's ok..."

They all looked at cloud guy, who was laid out on the ceiling, his eyes closed.

"Cloud Guy?" Poppy said, everyone walking over to him.
"Is he breathing?" Smidge asked.
"I don't know," Guy replied, poking Cloud Guy's closed eyelid.
"Branch! Give him mouth to mouth!" Poppy yelled out, turning to Branch with a desperate look on her face. Branch's eyes widened, as he looked at her in shock.

"What!?" he yelled in disbelief. "Why me!?"
"You're the safety nerd," Poppy said, nudging Branch towards the unconscious Cloud Guy.

     Everyone nodded in agreement, knowing Poppy was right.

     "Well... I... I... I'm not doing it!" Branch refused, crossing his arms, and looking away stubbornly.

     "Come on Branch..." Poppy begged, shaking him back and forth. "Do you really want Cloud Guy to die!?"
"Well..." Branch said thinking about what life would be like without Cloud Guy pestering him all the time. He smiled a little at the thought of it.

"Branch!" Poppy yelled, snapping him out of his day dream.
"Ugh! Fine!" Branch groaned. "I'll do it..."

He knelt down over Cloud Guy, looking at him in disgust. Then he looked at Poppy.

"Do I have to?" he asked in a whimper.

     Poppy glared at him, crossing her arms.

     "Ugh! Fine," he sighed, rolling his eyes, as he looked back at Cloud Guy.

Slowly, he leaned down towards him, Cloud Guy opening his eyes suddenly. He smiled maliciously, and then grabbed Branch, kissing him on the lips.

"Ew! Bleah! Gross!" Branch yelled, pulling away, as he wiped his lips frantically. The others just stood there laughing, as he freaked out.

     "Got ya, pal," Cloud Guy mocked, sitting up. "Although... I was kinda hoping Poppy would be the one doing the saving."
"Why you little..." Branch grumbled.

     "Whoa... calm down, buddy," Cloud Guy laughed. "How about a high-five?" He held up his hand for a high-five smiling mockingly at Branch, who stood there growling in anger, his hands in tight fists by his side.

Suddenly, Branch charged at Cloud Guy, as he began to run away, screaming.

"I'm gonna tear your little cloud arms... out of your cloud body... and high five your face with em!" Branch yelled, as he chased Cloud Guy out of the Caterbus. "Get back here! I'm gonna kill you!"

"Branch! Stop!" Poppy yelled, quickly cutting him off, allowing Cloud Guy to get away, as he jumped into a bush laughing.

     "Aw, great!" Branch groaned, crossing his arms, as he looked away from Poppy. "You let him get away!"

     "No one is killing anyone on this trip," Poppy said firmly.
"He's an obnoxious little..."
"Branch!" Poppy yelled, cutting off his complaint.
"Fine," he sighed. Then he looked back at the Caterbus, everyone climbing out of it, still looking a little shaken up from the crash.

"What are we going to do now?" Branch asked. "The Caterbus is destroyed."
"We'll have to go on foot," Poppy said cheerfully, completely un-phased by this major setback.

     "What!?" Branch yelled, looking at Poppy in disbelief. "We don't even know where we're going!? We can't walk!"
"Come on, Branch. Be positive," Poppy smirked, playfully punching his arm.
"What happened to not having to change who I am?" Branch grumbled, looking away, as he crossed his arms.

"Well... I... I mean..." Poppy stuttered, not knowing how to respond to Branch's question.

     Finally, she just smiled, turning to the rest of the group.

     "Come on everyone!" she yelled out cheerfully, ushering the group forewords. "We're burning daylight."

     She started walking confidently, the other trolls following behind.

     "I'm marching along I got confidence. I'm cooler than a pack of peppermints. And I haven't been this excited since... I can't remember when!" Poppy sang out loudly, as she marched forewords, her friends following behind, not concerned about the dangers ahead of them at all.

     But not Branch. He stayed behind, watching them all leave.

"You're all gonna die!" he yelled after them. They didn't respond, they just kept walking, singing cheerfully.

     "I'm off on this remarkable adventure. Just riding on a rainbow!" Poppy sang.
"Well... what if it's all a big mistake!?" Branch called out after them. "What if it's more than you can take!?"
"No! I can't think that way 'cause I know that I'm really, really, really gonna be okay!" Poppy sang, continuing on her way.

     "Well... I'm not going!" Branch yelled up to them, turning his head away, and crossing his arms.

     "Hey! I'm not giving up today!" Poppy sang. "There's nothing getting in my way. And if you knock knock me over... I will get back up again!"
"If something goes a little wrong..." Branch started.
"Well you can go ahead and bring it on! 'Cause if you knock knock me over, I will get back up again!"

     They kept walking, the singing getting quieter and quieter, until it had completely faded off into the distance.

     "Uh... guys!?" Branch called out into the emptiness in front of him. There was no reply.

He stood there for a minute, and then sighed angrily, running off to follow the group of trolls.

"Hey guys!" he shouted. "Wait for me!"