𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 10: Feel better

The mid July sun shown down on the 12 year old who was laying in a grass meadow. Shades of pinks and yellow gathered around the girl. She laid her head on the earth and looked up to the fluffy clouds in the sky. The breeze blew her hair out of it's once tamed braid.

  Willow picked a pink flower from it's emerald stem. She turned it over in her hand feeling the smoothness of the petals underneath her small fingers. She turned her head to the left and saw a big oak tree standing tall. A bird nest sat in one of the long branches. A little blue bird flew from it's home, through the calm blue sky.

  The place seemed like a painting. The shedding was a thing of poetry. The wind sang a song as it ruffled the leaves of the trees. Flower's danced across the hillside. It was a peaceful paradise. Then at once it wasn't.

  The clouds turned a glooming grey. The pale  blue sky lost it's color, as darkness surrounded. Willow shut her eyes tightly. Thunder sounded in the distance. Willow tried to stand to run for shelter, but the breeze had turned into a rough force of nature. It forced her back to the ground. Suddenly the death opened and swallowed her whole.

***

  Willow woke up catching for breathe 'it's just a dream, your safe' Willow told herself as she regained her strength. She arose from her bed and carefully opened the door and made her way down the corridor towards the kitchen. Taking light steps trying not to wake anyone.

  She arrived at the grand kitchen and spotted a house elf in the corner. Willow hated how her uncle kept house elves in their country estate. Willow's family had been staying with her uncle and cousins since the end of June. The place was a family estate, it's been in the line of blackfeild for ages.

   The place had two grand ballrooms, over 20 bedrooms and bathrooms. This place made her home look like a little townhouse. Even though her home was a 5 bedroom house. Willow still loved this place, she would stay here for weeks with her grandmother and grandfather while her brothers were at school. She had grown very attached to this place.

   "Ellie." Willow got the little elf's attention. Ellie had been at the blackfeild estate for around 7 years, and Willow had gotten to know her very well. She had taught the elf how to read and write. Willow had even tried to free her, but Ellie said she didn't want to leave Blackfield's, she said it was her home.

  "Oi, miss Willow, do you need something dear?" the house elf stood from her chair.

  "Can you please make me some hot chocolate, I had one of those horrible nightmares again." Willow said, taking a seat at the table in the middle of the kitchen. She ran her hand around the rough edges of the the wood.

  "Miss Willow, is in luck she is, I just made fresh chocolate chip cookies." Ellie pulled out a tray from the oven and set them before Willow.

  "Thank you, Ellie." picked up one from the tray and pulled her hand back straight away.

   "Tray is very hot." Ellie said as she was preparing the hot chocolate. Willow watched her very carefully. After it finished warming up Ellie pored it into a pink mug, handing it to Willow. The warmth engulfed her hands.

   "There you go, miss Willow." Willow brought the hot liquid to her lips savoring the taste as it went down her thorat.

  "Does miss Willow fell better now?" Ellie sat at the table with Willow with her own samll mug. It seemed that Ellie was on kitchen duty for the night. Ellie loved the blackfeild family and was never mistreated but them, ever.

  "Very much so, but Ellie, those nightmares always scare me, I become trapped in the darkness, I can't even see in-front of me." Willow's hands started to tremble again so she sat the mug back on the wooden table.

  "You are safe now Miss Willow, do you want to tell Ellie about your first year?" Willow's smile came back to her face. She loved talking to Ellie. She told her about all her new friends and classes. Willow had calmed down enough and had finished her hot chocolate. She said goodbye to Ellie and went back up to her room.

***

  Willow was awoken again but this time from a screech at the window. Her snow owl, Oakley, had a whole stack of letter in his beak. Willow ran to the window with excitement. She loved recovering letters especially when they were from her friends. She took the letter from Oakley's beak.

There was a yellow envelope form Charlotte and a pinkish one from Aurora. A few letters from her Gran and a little package with a green bow. How rather odd she thought.
She examined the package in her hands, up and down, side to side.

She pulled the green bow and freed the package. She carefully opened the lid. A sliver bracelet with a little green little snake and a yellow badger on it, a blue raven, and a red lion. Willow pulled it over her hand, it was quite beautiful. She only wondered who it was from. She flipped the open box over and a note landed on the table.

Dear Willow,
I hope you like it.

That was all it said. Willow set the note down on her desk and got ready for the day. She pulled on a yellow dress and let her hair from it's braid down, now laying in curls that framed her face. She read the other letters and wrote response.

Charlotte had invited her to come stay with her and at The Harrison mansion for a few nights before school started. Aurora asked if they could meet up at Dagon Ally the 16th of August to get school supplies. No matter how much she loved being home, she was ready back to Hogwarts with her friends.