𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘࿐sympathies

Start from the beginning

Sam motioned Aurora to get out of the backseat and she obeyed. Jimmy's family was in the back of the Impala and Aurora sat on Sam's lap as they drove off in a hurry, hoping to find shelter soon.

The car ride was silent for most of the time until Aurora turned in her seat to see a girl around five years older than her sitting in the middle. Her curiosity piqued, having not seen a person somewhat near her for a long time.

"Hello," Aurora said cheerfully at the blonde girl.

The girl smiled back with a wave. "Hi, I'm Claire."

"Nice to meet you, Claire, I'm Aurora." The small interaction between the two young girls made the adults in the car let out small smiles.

Soon, a quiet and secluded area seemed like a safe place to stop off at, so Dean parked the Impala, and Jimmy, Dean, and Sam, who was carrying a half-asleep Aurora, walked out of the car.

"I'm gonna tell you once again, you're putting your family in danger. You have to come with us," Sam stated, annoyance and seriousness laced in his voice.  He tried to use his soft voice since Aurora was sleeping, but Jimmy was starting to ask more questions.

"How long? And don't give me that "cross that bridge when we get to it" crap."

"Don't you get it? Forever. The demons will never stop. You can never be with your family. So you either get as far away from them as possible or you put a bullet in your head. And that's how you keep your family safe. But there's no getting out and there's no going home."

Aurora woke up as she heard Sam's voice gradually become louder. Dean took Aurora out of his brother's arms and quietly rubbed her back, making her sleepy once more.

"Way to sugarcoat it, Sam."

       ஓ๑♥๑ஓ

Jimmy, Sam, Aurora, and Dean arrived at an abandoned warehouse where Claire and Amelia were currently being taken hostage.

"Listen to me, this will work. Do you understand? Nobody's gonna get hurt."

"Yeah, whatever. Give me a minute, okay?"

The Winchester's left Jimmy alone and Dean held Aurora close to him at all times while they were trying to sneak inside the warehouse.

"So, I see you made a new friend, Clarie is it?" Dean asked, smirking at the fact that his daughter could potentially have a new friend somewhat her age.

"Yeah, she's cool and super nice. I never really had friends, it'd be nice to have one. Dean and Sam looked at each other, questioning the fact that she stated that she never had friends. 

"What do you mean, baby?"

"I mean that before I found you and Uncle Sammy, when Mommy was still alive, at school I never had friends. I was alone mostly and was bullied because I never had a dad." Suddenly, Dean's anger started to rise at the fact that his daughter was bullied back at school. But he was mostly sad how she never told him this.

"Flower, why didn't you tell us you used to be bullied?"

"It never came up," Aurora said nonchalantly, her head now facing the ground. It brought up unpleasant memories when she talked about her old school so that's why she tried to avoid it as much as she could.

Sam and Dean decided to push aside the subject for now, but they did want to talk to Aurora eventually.

Before the trio could get any further, demons ambushed them and took them to the demon who was possessing Amelia.

"Nice plan, Dean," Sam spat out sarcastically to his brother.

Sam and Dean were talking to Amelia as Aurora attempted to get out of the demon's grip, but it was no use. Dean and Sam fumed in anger when the demon started to angrily pull Aurora's hair, a small scream escaping her lips.

"Now for the punch line-- everyone dies." Amelia pointed the gun at the Winchester's, but turned to Jimmy, shooting him in the lower abdomen.

One of the demons started to walk up to Claire, holding a rusted iron bar.

"No!" Aurora screamed. She only knew Claire for the night, but she certainly felt an attachment to the girl. A sister she never had.

Right as the demon was about to hit Claire, she caught it with her hand and then smote the man, making his eyes glow white with pain. Everyone started to fight and Aurora escaped the demon that was securely holding her.

Despite her age and small body, Aurora still had enough anger to punch the demon where the sun doesn't shine, making him fall over in agony. Aurora looked up to see her uncle with blood smeared around his mouth. She stood frozen, the sight of her uncle honestly scaring her.

Sam looked at Aurora with sympathy before turning back to the demon and stabbing them in the chest. He then used his power to exorcise the demon out of Amelia's body.

Aurora hugged her father in relief, definitely a close call for her and her family. Aurora was holding Dean's hand as they walked into Jimmy pleading with Castiel to take him instead of Claire.

Aurora stared sadly at Jimmy's state. She knew Jimmy would do anything for his daughter, just as if Dean would do anything for Aurora.

"Please, Castiel. Take me. Take me."

"As you wish."

Castiel now exited Claire's body and entered Jimmy's. Castiel soon stood with his stiff posture and walked towards the Winchester's as Amelia walked to Claire.

Castiel began to walk away until Dean interrupted him.  

"Cas, hold up. What were you going to tell me?" Castiel simply stared at Dean before his sight trailed towards Aurora. As much as he cared for the child, he knew it was wrong to get attached to humans.

"I learned my lesson while I was away, Dean. I serve heaven, I don't serve man, and I certainly don't serve you."

When Castiel walked away, Aurora couldn't help but feel that another person important in her life was gone. First her mother and now Castiel. Her mind was clouded with how people kept leaving in her life and it scared her.

She was scared that Sam and Dean would leave her and her mind was consistently filled with that thought. It hurt her so much.

It really hurt her.

aurora and claire are now besties

aurora and claire are now besties. hope you all enjoyed this chapter lovelies! <3